Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seth Matthews

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
The Ether
Hello. As many others on the forum, my Max has been issue free. I did notice something that has happend twice in the last couple of days, and I am wondering if anyone else has had it happen.

iPhone is sitting on desk. I tap the screen to wake and nothing happens. Pick it up and tap many times...nothing. have to use sleep/wake button. After that, everything is good.

Anyone else?

Reactions: decypher44

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Hello. As many others on the forum, my Max has been issue free. I did notice something that has happend twice in the last couple of days, and I am wondering if anyone else has had it happen.

iPhone is sitting on desk. I tap the screen to wake and nothing happens. Pick it up and tap many times...nothing. have to use sleep/wake button. After that, everything is good.

Anyone else?

Is it plugged in when this happens?

If so, it’s related to the charging issue. It appears that might get corrected in the next iOS update.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I seem to have a lot of typis. I thing theirs sumting worng wit my keybored

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Bad, but you have time to really evaluate it, as it would go beyond a 14 days limitation if it really is a hardware issue.

martin2list

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2014
Dresden
Hey @Seth Matthews,
did you resolve the issue in any way? Or did you bring it to an Apple Store?

I've got my XS for 3 weeks now and face the same issue about 2-3 times a day.
Sometimes when I pick it up or when I tap to wake it, the display stays dark.

I noticed, that the iPhone is awake actually, because I can e.g. turn on flashlight if I press at the right spot, even though the display is off.

Drives me mad, because I can't reproduce it.

Seth Matthews

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
The Ether
Hey @Seth Matthews,
did you resolve the issue in any way? Or did you bring it to an Apple Store?

I've got my XS for 3 weeks now and face the same issue about 2-3 times a day.
Sometimes when I pick it up or when I tap to wake it, the display stays dark.

I noticed, that the iPhone is awake actually, because I can e.g. turn on flashlight if I press at the right spot, even though the display is off.

Drives me mad, because I can't reproduce it.

Since I upgraded to the beta, I have not experienced this issue again. So, I believe it to be a software issue.

Reactions: decypher44

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA

Anyone else?
Yep. Quite a few times.

martin2list

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2014
Dresden
Have you tried to toggle off and toggle it back on to see if it wasn't a glitch? Slight or hard press on the screen?

What exactly do you mean?

I know it's "on" because I can toggle flashlight and camera (and feel the haptic feedback). The display just stays black. Raise to wake and tap to wake won't turn it on. When I double press the sleep/wake button it turns back on normally, as if nothing happened.

martin2list

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2014
Dresden
So I went to the Genius Bar yesterday, and they swapped it.

I couldn't reproduce it, but had it on video taken by a colleague. They believed me and wanted to change the display at first, but apparently (at least in Germany) they couldn't order any display parts yet, so they gave me a new one.

Sadly my new one (which wasn't refurbished, because they don't have these either) made popping sound when I 3D-touch on the lower display parts and I brought it back today aswell.. now they want to re-glue the display on it. Let's hope that's it. At least the bug didn't come back yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.