iPhone XS Max iPhone XS Max Good Buy (Kijiji)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad Retina, Dec 4, 2018 at 6:03 AM.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hi, Ive bene looking at XS Max after my iPhone X was stolen I found one for $1300CAD with AppleCare+ on Kijiji. Thoughts?

Or There is one Sealed for $1400

Both Are Gold 64GB Unlock.

2. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Grab the one for $1300

3. jabbok macrumors member

You can check to see if they are blacklisted with the IMEI number although some people said that they can sell it then report it stolen a couple of days later. You can maybe get the serial number and the IMEI number contact Apple or you can also ask to see their receipt this way you would know if the phone belongs to them. If you have an option meet at the Apple store.

4. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

They both come with Recipets. The one that is $1300 doesn't come with its box. It came from Nevada originally. The other one was from Costco.

5. jabbok macrumors member

Then you should be okay and unless you want the box go with the $1300.00 one.

6. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Turns out someone else is about to buy it tonight. But the phone that is 1300 is really just the phone only. No accessories. So. Thoughts?

7. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

It is not worth 100.00 to buy an iphone with no box or accessories. Just check for blacklisted.

8. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

9. HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

Just buy one from Apple itself either in the Apple store or online!

10. Ebok macrumors 6502

Be very very careful. It can be blacklisted.

If you have a receipt it should be easy to get it removed from the blacklist but still.. a headache in itself.

The blacklist is the dumbest thing ever. It only generates more money for the carriers and causes more fraud than help ppl.

11. jabbok macrumors member

12. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

That one sold. Kijiji doesn't have good reviews. Hope that you didn't buy it. If so, hope you are one of the lucky ones. Good Luck---:)

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Absolutely. It’s an insurance policy purchasing from Apple and they include a one year warranty. Even if Apple’s prices aren’t always reflective of other online discounts, it’s just a ‘safe bet’.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

You would not think blacklisting is bad if YOUR phone was stolen.

15. Azathoth123 macrumors 6502

Especially if someone hurt you to steal it because they knew it would work afterwards. That’s why the theft prevention measures were implemented, iPhone owners were subject to violence to steal their phones.

16. msp3 macrumors member

How bad is the classified ads market in Canada that people actually use a fleaBay-owned Craigslist-ripoff infested with ads and more scams (imagine that!) then usual?

Why does anyone use "Kijiji" at all?

17. jabbok macrumors member

18. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Yeah found one. meeting up Saturday. $1000, an ex-boyfriend bought the phone and she doesn't want it anymore, she ended up buying another iPhone XS Max? Kinda weird. But she's cool with meeting at the Apple Store to confirm everything so. Wooooo.

Only Downside is that the phone is silver. Not a huge fan of silver. We'll see. I know a few people there that might be able to exchange the phone. The lady doesn't have the receipt, but they can just reprint it if they have the correct email associated with the phone. Everything seems to be falling into plan.

Its a few days outside of buying AppleCare+ but I know someone at customer relations that would be able to assist.

19. htc fan macrumors 6502

Make sure it's not financed through a carrier.

20. jabbok macrumors member

Hope everything works out for you with the new phone it's a good price and silver is nice it would be the color I would choose :)

21. Ebok macrumors 6502

We don’t do this with any other electronics so why cell phones? It only benefits the carriers at the end of the day cause people are too scared to purchased phones second hand.

It’s way too easy to blacklist a phone. A police report should be required not just a phone call.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I hope they are scared and do their homework before purchasing a used phone. I have never had a phone stolen from me but if I did, I would be happy knowing the IMEI was blacklisted. My iPhone would be useless anyway because of its security but have heard of thieves removing the SIM card and using it in another phone.