iPhone XS Max iPhone XS Max interface annoyance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Polaroid, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

Anyone else annoyed the interface for the Max is just everything blown up? Why cant they scale things and make use of the extra space? just bugging me and hoping a future update fixes it... this is basically a venting thread lol.

2. GloriousAndrew macrumors member

GloriousAndrew

Most apps still need to update to take advantage of the resolution of the Max and the upcoming XR. Don't worry. Things will get optimized for the phone.

3. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

Point your grunts on this towards third-party developers.

4. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

... but the issue is also in a lot of Apples apps, and interfaces... not just 3rd party.

5. now i see it macrumors 68040

A large percentage of big phone users buy a big phone exactly because everything is much bigger. That's really the whole point of the big phones. You're still young with sharp close vision- but your day will come too, as sure as the sun will set, that you will no longer be able to read small type clearly at close range.
    Just about everyone over 50 can't read the microscopic fonts on a iPhone SE without wearing glasses. And even then it can be a struggle. The small phones are virtually unusable to older eyeballs. A big phone eliminates the need to always bring glasses everywhere you go. That's a pain.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Apple is not going to turn it OS upside down to make it look better on the MAX. I do not want double the icons on my MAX screen. The extra real estate is fantastic!

You need to look at jailbreaking where you would have more freedom!

7. Diamond Dog macrumors member

Diamond Dog

Which apps / interfaces?

8. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

The UI is not just blown up on the Max. In most areas, there is more info available on the Max.

With some applications, particularly third party ones, it's just blown up though, since it requires updating to work properly on the Max. This comes with time.

For properly coded apps for the XS Max, the screen elements and fonts are exactly the same size as on the XS.

The way to make everything blown up on the Max (same screen info as XS but bigger) is to put the phone into Zoomed Display mode. Most people do not do that.

9. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

the time and icon in status bar, they could be smaller to fit more in. The Apple logo on start up is massive, it all just looks silly being so big. They have a zoomed option so if you want things big have that, but not everything needs to be massive. The amount of icons on a page is the same as the smaller model... just loads of random parts of the UI seems too big and not scaled effectively.

Never been. fan of the Music app but its even worse on the Max, such poor use of a large screen.

10. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

The Music app just sucks in general IMO.

It's sad that the music app on my old iPhone 3G with iOS 4 was superior.

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Your user name is finally relevant. :D
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2018 ---
    So what else are you going to be looking at while the phone is booting up?

12. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Haha how often do you see the Apple logo on start up to notice it’s huge?

13. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Every time I update, restart, or turn on device... lol

14. tarsins macrumors 6502a

tarsins

This. Times 1000.

15. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

Just when you thought you'd been it all, somebody complains about the size of the Apple logo during the startup of their phone. o_O

16. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I agree with update. But restart and turn on device are kinda the same.

My phone stays on 24/7 unless i have to update and even then I am not watching my phone when it restarts afterwards.

17. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

While I agree it's a bit comical things are just scaled up and it's why I ended up getting rid of my iPad, it's nothing new and this a very good reason for you to look into jailbreaking to accommodate you.

18. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I’ve always jailbroken in the past but the jailbroken community seems lost nowadays lol especially with all these betas and new models lol

19. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

I hope the supposed UI update coming with iOS 13 is going to spice things up for the Max

20. Polaroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here's hoping! no doubt they will save the best stuff for the newer handsets next year lol