iPhone XS Max iPhone XS Max or Wait till next year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad Retina, Nov 30, 2018.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hi all. Since my previous phone was stolen RIP iPhone X. Decided to think it’s time to get a new phone. I’m in my last year of high school and was thinking if you I should get a iPhone XS Max now or wait for next years version.

The reason why I would like to get it now is because I need it to film segments of our graduation video since I have the OSMO Mobile 2. But also my portfolio videos for my program (Film Studies) Thoughts?

Found a iPhone XS Max 64GB with AppleCare+ for $1400CAD on Kijiji sealed. So any thoughts?

2. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

If you have the money then yea go for the XS Max. I’m loving mine.

3. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

4. stafil macrumors 6502

Why wait? Buy now and upgrade next year.

5. mikehalloran macrumors 6502a

Exactly.

6. SnyG macrumors regular

SnyG

Oh you should definitely wait until next year, the Max has been out for a whole two months! :rolleyes:

7. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

What do you have right now, since your old phone got stolen? If you are completely out of a phone - then yeah, you can go ahead and get one. Whether you get a Max or something else if up to you (and your financial situation). If you got a hand me down replacement phone, then ride that out as long as possible before you upgrade.

8. cableguy84 macrumors 65816

cableguy84

Had the money to get a XS max. Decided against buying a notch phone. Bought the iPhone 8 plus and loving it.

9. iPad Retina thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

iPhone SE

10. bushman4 macrumors 68020

Xs MAX has an immersive screen and is fast
    Big question is what model are you coming from? Nobody really knows Apples plans yet and I think Apple is waiting to see what Samsung is doing with its Flex phone before it decides

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The OP mentioned their previous phone was the ‘X’ in the opening sentence of their post.

12. OTACORB macrumors 65832

OTACORB

13. Zelda Chestnut macrumors newbie

I say just go for it. Next generation is still a while away, you'd be waiting quite a few months. The current XS Max is an amazing phone that will last you years, and other than a triple lens camera I don't think next generation iPhone will have much hardware to boast over this years.

14. Eksoccer99 macrumors regular

Eksoccer99

I'm on the 1-year Next plan. I always wait until Jan/Feb (now). At launch Oct-Dec, it's always a 4 week lead-time or not enough in-stock. Actually, just last night upgraded to Xs Max from iPX. Decided, to go back to the bigger size. Like stated above. It's still ways away. Go for it!

15. mikehalloran macrumors 6502a

If it's a huge concern, keep waiting till it's not, if ever. You won't get to enjoy the features but...

You can always buy on the phone company or Apple 24 month plan. These let you upgrade every year.

I buy on the same plan but replace after 2 years and a few months. Gives me a little time to enjoy a lower phone bill. Then I decide I need a feature and go check it out ... a new iPhone follows me home and... we all know the rest.

The iPhone is now so good I don't feel the need for the latest and greatest. The only reason I bought an Xs is that I wanted the dual-lens camera in a smaller body (and I wanted Apple to work out any issues in the X). Otherwise, I would have kept my 7 Plus—which I did anyway and now use it as a stereo recorder (think of it as an oversized iPod Touch 6 with truly decent battery life).

16. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

17. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Wait.

18. Tmacc47 macrumors newbie

I'd say wait. The SE is still a great device and chances are, the Max will drop in price come September.

19. AppleHaterLover macrumors 65816

I wouldn't be caught dead with an iPhone SE in high school. Using a three-year-old phone makes you automatically ineligible for admission into the Cool Kids Club.

Through high school I had a 3GS and then an iPhone 4. Didn't get a 4S mostly because nobody would be able to tell the difference anyway.

I'd get the XS Max.

20. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

You will always keep waiting for the next, new big iPhone announcement.

Get the phone now so you can enjoy it.

21. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

If you want it now get it now. Tech is improving all the time after all

22. Tmacc47 macrumors newbie

Lol wow. In high school, i had a slider, qwerty keyboard, non-smartphone and the 4S was out. I dont think a phone measures coolness factor.

23. mikehalloran macrumors 6502a

Hmmm... When I was in high school 50 years ago...

24. Tmacc47 macrumors newbie

Wow, how old are you?