iPhone XS Max iPhone XS Max With No Screen Protector With APPLE Care?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone XS Max, Sep 16, 2018.

?

Do you use a glass screen protector when you have Apple Care?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. NO

51 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. iPhone XS Max macrumors newbie

iPhone XS Max

I’ve been useint the tempered glass screen protectors for years and I always opted out of AppleCare because the screen protectors were cheap and did it’s job. I hated the feel of them and always wished the screen was the way it was supposed to be. Last year I finally got AppleCare and I hadn’t dropped the screen even once since. (Well not cracked it)

$29 to fix is worth the security to know if things go bad, you can fix the screen as well as $99 to fix if serious damage.

Anyone else stop using a screen protector or is it just me who feels like this now?

2. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

I’ve always used my iPhones naked but started buying Applecare with the 7 Plus.

3. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

Yesterday I had to visit the Apple Store to have my X looked at. 2 weeks ago I had left my phone on the dashboard in my truck and had a temperature warning that it needed to cool down before using it again. Because of that the sensors in the notch couldn’t register the ear piece for me to hear calls. I had to get the screen replaced, which would have caused me to pay $279, which thankfully because of AppleCare, I didn’t have to pay it. I do have a tempered glass screen protector which had a long crack in it and protected my screen from being cracked, which of course they wouldn’t have replaced that without being fixed first.

4. ericg301 macrumors 65816

5. Fusionskies macrumors member

Fusionskies

Yeah I do, because AppleCare doesn't cover scratches, and you can't be too careful.

6. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68030

ugahairydawgs

I've never understood the use of screen protectors. Just don't throw your phone in a pocket or purse with a bunch of other crap in there and you're all set. For me keys and coins go in one pocket, the phone in another. Never a scratch and never had to look at the screen through a film or some kind of tempered glass.

7. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

Hate screen protectors... never used them, and in 11 years of iPhones, never scratched a screen

8. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

Bet you have scratched your screens, just not bad enough to notice. Turn the screen off and shine a bright light over it and tell me there aren’t scratches on it.

9. Poob Bubes, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018

Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Actually, it does “cover” scratches since you can get your screen replaced twice for $29. I went without a protector for the first time with my X and just recently used AppleCare to get a new screen since it had a few scratches. They weren’t that noticeable but why not use it when you deem it’s worth it?

10. 3rdiguy macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

I used to use them but never again. Just not worth covering up that beautiful screen. I have AppleCare+ and will get screen replaced in a heartbeat if necessary.

11. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo

Thats what i thought and then my 7 Plus ended up with some random hairline scratches. Did nothing special to it. It just happened

12. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I always have carrier insurance/ Apple care on all my phones but still get a screen protector because I want the insurance to be there for accidents not things that were inevitable because I didn’t have a screen protector on. Not only would I have to pay for the deductible but I’d have to make an appointment at the Genius Bar/send my phone away. I want to avoid that where possible.

Micro scratches on my phone would get on my nerves because I’m very OCD.

13. Dave Meadows macrumors 68040

Dave Meadows

I have Apple Care Plus on my iPhone XS Max and also had a Belkin screen protector fitted by Apple. However, somehow the top edge of the screen protector has cracked and it's driving me nuts! No idea how I did it but am now contemplating removing it and not using any screen protector.

14. Quapla macrumors newbie

Quapla

It’s not your keys that scratch your screen, it’s sand and dust. If you use your phone outdoors it is inevitable sand and dust will come in contact with your iPhone.

15. dontwalkhand macrumors 603

dontwalkhand

I always use a screen protector, AppleCare or no AppleCare. There is no reason to not use one.

16. Larbo macrumors newbie

Also no reason not to use a good case.
    XS with otter box defender and alpha glass screen protector.
    Yes I had to retire my se.

17. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

18. SoYoung macrumors 6502a

I just use the minimalist Apple leather case and that's it. No screen protector needed. I just use the case because with all in glass design, the naked phone sliding hands sometimes and I just want to prevent from falling.

19. Duckhunter macrumors newbie

I always use a glass screen protector on my iPhones. No reason not to, and I have a hard time telling the difference in screen quality with vs without a screen protector!

20. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

I've had every iPhone since the original, and have never used a screen protector. Hate the way they look and feel, and never have scratches on my screens.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2019 ---
    There are plenty of reasons not to use one. I hate the way they look and feel, for one, and two, they are completely unnecessary for me.