iPhone Xs Max won't let me past set up screen, stuck on 'Activation'

btmat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
The set up process seemed to be going so well until I reached the Activation screen where the iPhone asks me for my 'billing zip code' and 'PIN' which I'm assuming are for my Verizon account.

Unfortunately, though I'm putting in the correct information it will not let me in and neither Verizon or Apple have any idea what this screen is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cwosigns

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Some people have had luck entering four zeros for their PIN, and a previous billing ZIP Code if you have one. Take that for what it’s worth, but I read that on a different thread.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The set up process seemed to be going so well until I reached the Activation screen where the iPhone asks me for my 'billing zip code' and 'PIN' which I'm assuming are for my Verizon account.

Unfortunately, though I'm putting in the correct information it will not let me in and neither Verizon or Apple have any idea what this screen is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I had the same issue with my XS and cwosigns is right. I had to use a zip code from 3 years ago. What’s really strange is that my wife was able to activate her XS using our current zip code (which is our actual billing zip code). We’re on the same account. Verizon had no explanation but it all worked out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.