Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple started preparing the first iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 orders for shipment over the weekend, and now those orders have started shipping out to customers.

Apple has not yet updated order statuses from "Preparing to Ship" and likely will not do so until later this week when packages begin hitting their destination locations, but customers who pre-ordered a new device in the United States may be able to track their order using UPS tracking features.

upsiphonexsmax.jpg

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 orders that are shipping via UPS in the United States are in transit and can be tracked using a UPS My Choice account or a reference number on the UPS website.

Customers with UPS My Choice accounts can visit the scheduled deliveries section of the website to see a list of Apple orders that are set to be delivered on Friday, which can be clicked to reveal full tracking details.

appleiphonexsmaxupsmychoice.jpg

Tracking by reference requires a phone number and a zip code, or an order number minus the last two digits of the number. Many customers are already seeing their orders on the UPS website, but not every order has been transitioned to UPS as of yet.

upstrackbyreferenceiphonexsmax2.jpg

Most orders right now are still in various parts of China, but should be departing for the United States and other countries in the near future.

Apple began accepting pre-orders for the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 on Friday, September 14 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time. By the time a half hour had passed, many iPhone XS Max models had sold out and were no longer available for launch day delivery.

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4 orders placed today will not ship out until October, but some models are still available for in-store pickup on September 21 in select stores. Retail stores are also expected to have supplies available for walk-in purchases on launch day.

Apple Stores, carrier locations like Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T, and big box retailers like Best Buy and Target are likely to have the new products available for purchase on launch day in the United States.

Article Link: First iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and Apple Watch Series 4 Orders Begin Shipping Out to Customers

Digital Dude

macrumors 65816
Not sure if it's my age or what; but I'm just not as enthusiastic about this update as I normally would be. I be grudgingly placed an order for a max version, but I did so only because my 7+ has become a bit sluggish with the evolution of system updates. Hopefully the increased screen size will make it easier to navigate with my klutzy fingers.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
Anybody's stainless steel Apple Watch shipped? Or with Sep 21 delivery?

Raise your hand
My stainless took longer to change to "preparing to ship" than the phone and aluminum. Only the aluminum and Xs are showing the tracking. Either way, not worried. Im sure itll all be here Friday.

Reactions: msew and Apple2007

joeblough

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2006
thanks for the heads up! i see the scheduled delivery of my wife's Xs with tracking info in my myUPS account. sez departed Shenzhen at 630pm local time and arrived at chek lap kok, hong kong 2h later. so i guess it's sitting at the airport now.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
lets go!!!

Go here: https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=MB/

Click: track by reference.
-Under reference type in your phone number. No dashes just number.
-Select United States as country
-enter zip code
-Click Track by reference

Voila!!! You get your tracking number from UPS. And Apple didn’t update yet lol.

Attachments

• 25D6F8B7-5FE3-47A7-85E3-91D1A2039490.png
    25D6F8B7-5FE3-47A7-85E3-91D1A2039490.png
    309.4 KB · Views: 11,022
Last edited:

Footloose301

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2017
Does anyone have a trick to find the tracking number of an order I placed on ATT.com? Rather than ordering thru Apples website I used ATT and it just says “in progress”. I’m not worried, just curious. I have the UPS and FedEx app and neither of them show the iPhone tracking yet..... I’ve tried many different combos of my cell number, account number, order confirmation number, etc on UPS track by reference and haven’t gotten anything.

Reactions: Smoovejayy

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
Lol I remembered when I made the mistake in preordering the iPhone 6 instead of the iPhone 6 Plus. Not this time! Waiting for the Max to come to my door in the next few days!

Reactions: jtinch and msew

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Nice. Waiting for mine to update.
Mine is still showing preparing for shipment under the Apple app.

-enter zip code

Voila!!! You get your tracking number from UPS. And Apple didn’t update yet lol.

Reactions: bruc_

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
You won't get it till Friday.

Nah really?
[doublepost=1537233321][/doublepost]
Mine is still showing preparing for shipment under the Apple app.

-enter zip code

Just looked it up. It’s on the way. I’ll have to make sure someone’s home at my parents house to receive the package. My birthday is gonna be a good one!

Paul6s

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
This is Deja Vu every year. Everyone will freak out because their order is still showing processing, or hasn’t shipped yet but all will be good on Friday. Relax everyone, this is the same song and dance every year.
You posted this at the right time lol! I was about to freak out when I noticed that mine hasn’t been shipped out yet.

Reactions: djbuddha and jtinch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.