iPhone XS iPhone XS - slide to answer not working

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
So my around 1 month old iPhone XS with iOS 12.1.1 has sometimes the problem that when I get a call I
can´t slide to answer, its stuck and nothing happens when I try to slide, so I end up missing the call, not funny when its from a hidden number so you can't call back.

This has happened from the time that the iPhone was brand new, I have never done an iOS update and I don't want to update right now.
This problem has so far happened approximately every seventh call I get, so it has not happened every time I get a call. As far as I remember it has not happened when the phone is unlocked and I answer through the green button, only when the phone is locked and I must answer through slide to answer.

I donat know if this is a phone issue or a iOS problem? Is there any suggestions what could be done to fix this annoying problem?
Also is there some way to answer with the volume buttons or some other way, I don't want to use the automatic answering where the phone answers by itself?

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Yeah, I'm usually the person that tells everybody that the first thing you always try with most electronic problems is a restart, yet I hadn't done it myself this time.

I have now restarted and I will see if it happens again?

Reactions: maerz001

PakoQro

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2019
Querétaro, Mexico
Mine works just as you said. But also when I'm typing a message... the iPhone types whatever it wants by itself!!!. Then I tried to slide the screen but it doesn't work. Only way to make it works is to log and unlock the phone. I will restart today.