Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone XR iPhone XS to IPhone 11 R?

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Anybody going for this? I can’t see much difference between my partners XR. The screen is a little bigger and I fancy buying more storage on the 11 R. The 11S model doesn’t seem to offer much more over this years model. I don’t need the 3 cameras

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Nope, perfectly happy with my recently purchased XS. The XI / X1R (or whatever they call them) don't interest me at all with the rumours going around.

Comment

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
Depending on if the XR specs remain similar to last year then it’ll be a downgrade to move from Xs to the XR. I’ll probably keep my Xs max this year.

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The only major difference I suspect Apple will add this year, will be a dual camera and additional iPhone colors. The XR really doesn’t need much of an upgrade, adding too much technology with that specific phone, will just raise the price, so it needs to sustain a $750 price point or lower.

Comment

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
If they don’t make a smaller new device, or a scaled down option of the XR then I’ll stick with my current white XR as it’s been a superb phone!

Comment

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Currently have an Xs Max.
Thinking about the new 11 max, I really like the tri camera setup.

Will wait to see what upgrades apple has for the new model.

To be honest the iPhone XS Max is close to perfect, don’t know, what else apple can do to make it better.

Loving iOS 13 on my iPad Pro, can’t wait to download it on the iPhone Max.

Comment

Thirio2

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2019
Maryville, IL
I stayed with my 3.5 year old 6s+ when my wife upgraded to the XsMax. I think I have better low signal performance than she has. I am thinking about an 11R because of the dual cameras (the telephoto would be useful to me, but not the additional wide angle). With 5G coming in 2020, I might wait another year, although I'm not sure Sprint will have 5G anywhere near me.

Reactions: Glideslope
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.