iPhone XS IPhone XS top speaker not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ml989, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Ml989 macrumors newbie

anyone else have a problem where their phone will have both speakers working whenever they play any audio/video, and then the top speaker just stops working?

Mine will have that “surround sound” and then when I play something later in the day, I notice only the bottom speaker works

Only way I’ve found to fix it is by turning off the phone...but once I do that it lasts for half a day and then does it again..

Thoughts?

2. jamets515 macrumors regular

I haven't heard mine working once since I bought it, but I also haven't tried restarting it. Just restarted it and tried playing something and it's now working. I'll see how it goes today and if it stops again.

3. Ravi_MR macrumors member

Ravi_MR

I faced it or noticed it only today. The earpiece speaker didnt work and after a restart, it started working again.. Apparently Xs Max users are also facing it, going by the threads here.. Will wait and see if this problem recurs..

Xs user here.

4. xrussx macrumors member

5. Ravi_MR macrumors member

Ravi_MR

Yes.

6. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

Well known problem. My XS Max has this too. It looks like it's a software bug. Hopefully a software update will fix it.

7. Jason B macrumors 6502

Ok, so just got an XS yesterday and today the top speaker isn't playing any music though it. IS there another fix besides restarting it? Is there something else we can do to get it back on without having to turn off?

This is on a brand new XS 512 that was just delivered to me yesterday.

ALSO, I came from a 6s and the call quality and tone of the ear piece speaker sounds better this this new phone. It's like the treble is turned down for all call using the earpiece, not on speakerphone. Anyone else notice this?

8. FredGalaxy Suspended

I don’t know about you guys, but if this happens to my iPhone XS Max I will be defecting it at the Genius Bar the same day. I also need not ask if anyone has tried reinstalling iOS.

9. Ravi_MR macrumors member

Ravi_MR

After I restarted,the issue hasn't recurred. I am now on 12.1. iPhone Xs.

10. PumpkingKing macrumors member

PumpkingKing

I had this issue before. I was able to fix it by completing a force restart on the phone, and then it worked after that.

11. acmfaxxe macrumors member

12. acmfaxxe macrumors member

13. lookn4wifi macrumors regular

lookn4wifi

Noticed it too on a XS, which was fixed by a restart.

14. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

If it was software- everyone would be effected? My XS has been fine since launch...

15. acmfaxxe macrumors member

Nope it could be a special software/app combination. For me it was fine for around 9 months and now on 12.1 it is back again (iPhone X). Some people in the apple forum said it is fine on 12.1.1. beta 2 or 3.

16. jazzandmetal macrumors newbie

jazzandmetal

Hey, do you have a link to any thread from someone on 12.1.1 saying it is fixed? It is super irritating. I have to restart my phone every few days. Thanks.

17. Smoothie macrumors 6502a

I’ve had this happen a few times. It just happened when I played some music after getting off a phone call where I had the call on speaker. I wonder if this can cause it sometimes. As usual, a reboot fixed it.

18. Risonanza78 macrumors member

Risonanza78

I have same issue with Xs Max, i hope it will fix with new upgrade... but i have fest that it is a hardware issue

19. jazzandmetal macrumors newbie

jazzandmetal

Did you update? If so, how is it working out?

20. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

How do you go about reinstalling the iOS?;)

21. Risonanza78 macrumors member

Risonanza78

???
    --- Post Merged, Dec 17, 2018 ---
    How make to rinstalling iOS?