Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karanight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
I’ve recently updated the software on my iPhone xs and I now I get messages saying the battery can’t be verified because it isn’t an Apple battery It’s the original battery I can’t get it to show a charge when it’s charged It started to turn itself off while in use and now the volume buttons only work intermittently
There must be a simple explanation and fix for this problem but so far I've been unable to find anyone who has one
Can anyone offer me an help to resolve this

karanight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
Thanks. I take it to Apple but I was hoping that I might get an easier and cheaper solution. I'm not holding my breath though

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I’ve recently updated the software on my iPhone xs and I now I get messages saying the battery can’t be verified because it isn’t an Apple battery It’s the original battery I can’t get it to show a charge when it’s charged It started to turn itself off while in use and now the volume buttons only work intermittently
There must be a simple explanation and fix for this problem but so far I've been unable to find anyone who has one
Can anyone offer me an help to resolve this
If everything worked fine before the update, why not downgrade to 13.7 to see if it goes back to normal.

karanight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion. I've just seen another update so I tried that but the phone keeps shutting down.
I think that I'll end up having to take it to Apple and pay out :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.