iPhone X iPhone xs vs x screen durability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TorontoSS, Oct 18, 2018.

1. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

hello,

I have an iPhone X. I think it’s still a great phone. Only complaint I have is the screen scratches so so easily.

Out of curiosity, for those with an xs who had an x, do you notice any difference in this?

Thanks!

2. TorontoSS thread starter macrumors 6502

anyone?

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I have an X too and it has been no less durable than other iPhones I’ve owned. Micro-scratches on the screen coating will happen regardless of the model and can’t be avoided unless you install a screen protector. As these scratches can only be seen under bright direct light and at certain angles I don’t waste my time thinking about them. Under normal viewing conditions, they are undetectable...

4. Mackinjosh Suspended

For what it's worth, XS users have said it's worse now than on the X. And since the XR uses the same glass as the XS, I'll be putting a glass screen protector on it.

5. TorontoSS thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? Have they been saying that? I didn’t know. That’s good to know as I’m sticking to my X. I did find my X got more micro scratches than the 7 or 6S.

I have had my X for less than a year (since last Dec) and it got way more scratches. This is hardly a scientific approach but I definitely noticed more. My husband upgraded to the XS and I didn’t - so I just took his X as it had far fewer scratches (no earrings).

Thanks for the responses.

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

The new screen on the XS will scratch the same as the X. Screen scratching technology hasn't improved since 2014, as they have only focused on making the screen less breakable, and not scratch proof. The verge had a good article on this recently.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...istance-google-pixel-3-samsung-galaxy-s9-note

7. TorontoSS thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey thanks for posting this, will read right now.