iPhone Youtube Sign-In Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by purplefunklover, Dec 9, 2009.

1. purplefunklover macrumors newbie

Good day

Yesterday, I was able to log into my YT account and today I am not, the user name and password are right on the YT page but on iPhone it is not accepting the password, it says:

"Authentication Failed

Sorry, your login was incorrect"​

... for the life of me, I'm stuck and don't know what to do

I would appreciate a members assistance :)

2. decu68 macrumors newbie

I have experienced the exact same thing but with the iPod Touch; newest generation.

I have changed my password at YouTube and tried entering that and nothing. I thought perhaps the iPod Touch was storing inaccurate information that could not be over-riden so "reset" it which required me to update everything just like I did when it was new on Friday last week. By doing this I lost an App that I cannot recover; a Nike iPod App for creating music to exercise to.

I don't get it. I can access YouTube and its videos but can no longer access my own favorites. I have gone on the web and found other people experiencing these types of issues in the past and have tried their fixes but they don't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

3. decu68 macrumors newbie

Beyond weird. I just got to work and I tried accessing YouTube from the WiFi here and I got access. On the computer at home and at work I can access YouTube; for that matter probably any computer. On my iPod Touch I can access it here but not at home; or perhaps the issue has been fixed and I can access it at home. I will try later and reply to advise.

If for some reason I cannot access from home still, and that I can access from work, could it be that the iPod Touch only allows access to YouTube from one location? Or could this be a YouTube issue? Will advise.

4. purplefunklover thread starter macrumors newbie

It took me 3 hours but I figured it out. I have a Yahoo! email and what I had to do was create a Google email and then it worked on my iPhone. So I would suggest that anyone that has iPhone 3G to go to Google Mail and create an account and then it will work no problem.

5. decu68 macrumors newbie

As for the iPod Touch issues, they have resolved themselves. "Rumor" has it that YouTube had some issues or were doing an update later Wednesday that they didn't resolve/complete until Thursday morning. This affected iPhone and iPods.

6. xanatos macrumors regular

I've been having thr same problem for maybe the last month. It's very annoying cause I have subs I like to watch.
    Anyone else have problems with doing a fav too. Once I try to fav it it'll say YouTube not responding or something then crash. Ugh annoying