Iphone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tech198, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

I'm in the market for an Iphone, and thinkng of getting the 4s....

Knwing the iphone 5 will be (possibly) out next month, should i wait or get the 4S now ?

Some things currently turn me off the iphone 5 already. It may have larger screen, but restiltion turns me off... At that screen size, i really expected the resolution to be doubled at a bare minium.... not just increased slighty to some "wacky" resolution i never heard off..

Also, fitting in your pocket...... since i would use a leather pouch, it may seem a big hanging off my belt buckle.

I dunno if there are valid reasons, but i'm using them..

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Only you can answer that
    The 4s is a great phone

If your reasons are enough for you, then don't worry about what others say

3. RedCroissant Suspended

I almost never advise people to wait when they want something, btu in this case, I would advise you to wait until the next iPhone is released and then buy the 4S retail unlocked when the price gets dropped. Then shop around for the best deal and save yourself a lot of money.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

What you're posting, a regular use will have no idea what you're talking about.

It's much easier to say, wait for the next phone. ;)

5. crovali macrumors member

Wait for the next iPhone. Compare it to the 4S. See which one you like better. I'd get the 5 because of the 4G LTE and obviously the hardware boosts, but it's not official yet, so we just have to wait and see.

6. Destroysall macrumors 65816

Destroysall

Pretty much I'm in the same boat. I am using an Android phone at the moment, but I'm considering of making the switch to an iPhone. The Factory Unlocked iPhone 4S should drop at least $100 to $549 (16GB), so that's one thing to consider. The other thing to consider is the network speed.

There are noticeable difference between both 3G and 4G (depending on the carrier you choose). Yet, if you end up disliking the new & upcoming iPhone even after its released and decide its features/network speeds aren't worth it, then the iPhone 4S might be for you. It all narrows down to you. It's you who will be using it, no one else.

I'm not saying to jump on the iPhone 4S though. I would wait, personally. The new iPhone's launch is really less than a month away. It's launch is really the only way we'll ever really know what features it will carry, so the best time to make your decision between the two phones would be then. However if you decide not to wait and grab the iPhone 4S, enjoy! :)

7. hafr macrumors 68030

Bare minimum for a 5" screen is 1920x1280 in your book?