iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by southcounty949, May 23, 2008.

1. southcounty949 macrumors member

southcounty949

Hey guys,

I just recently posted my iPhone 8GB on craigslist for $300.
    I clearly stated that there were scratches on the back and would include the acrylic case, armband, black revo case, and a plantronics voyager bluetooth.

Anyway, I'm getting TONS of responses. Did I just low-ball myself? I have real people asking to buy it right now. I'm thinking of just taking it off the market. Maybe I didn't think this one through... I just figured a brand new iPhone 8GB is $400. I've had it for a year, so I was going to sell it for $300. Is there something I don't know about here?? :confused:

Need your guy's input here ...

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

That's not too bad a price, but iPhones are a bit low on stock at Apple and AT&T which may explain the high demand for your iPhone.

3. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Yup, dont forget supply and demand, thats how Apple gets away with the Apple Tax! You should bump the price up a bit, the more desperate people are the more they will pay!

4. theRick119 macrumors member

I think you probably low-balled yourself but given that you are selling to a limited market $300 probably isn't something to feel bad about accepting.

A used 8gb iPhone on eBay would go anywhere from $350-$430 depending on a variety of factors and given the accessories you are including I would suspect you'd be on the upper end of that scale, but you never know.

5. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

Yeah you can get more than that for sure. I would start it at $400 since you are including extras. I just sold a used 16gb refurb on ebay for $500 not including shipping.

6. mark34 macrumors 6502a

Why in the world would someone pay $500 for a used iPhone? That is nuts unless you absolutely positively must have an iPhone and cant find one and simply cannot wait a couple or few weeks. That has to be a small population. A used phone for $500, yuck.

7. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

But still a lot of people are paying that. Why should the seller care? I think OP should easily get 400+ as he is including a few extras. But just make sure you get rid of it ASAP. No body knows if next tuesday the Apple Store goes down and comes back up with all new 3G iPhone. i know its very highly unlikely but what if it does happen? It`d be hard to find a buyer at even 300 if that happens.

8. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

People someone bought my 8gb for $500. Although I looked him up and he was a big shot lawyer, which explains the high price.

9. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

10. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Unlock, jailbreak and you can get 450 on ebay. Take fees into account and you should clear 400.

I would list for 400 and have them do local pick-up.

11. sfoalex macrumors 6502

It's not a low ball price. And you'll find most everyone on Craig's List will flake on you. That sight always has many people who express interest, but very few if any of them will actually follow through.

You have the perfect price. Now let's see if anyone is actually interested enough to hand you $300. Showing interest and then handing you the money are different things in the eyes of Craig's List.

Alex