iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheZimm, Aug 16, 2008.

1. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

so I'm going to be switching contracts for my phone very soon. Should I get an iPhone, is it worth it, I already have an iPod touch

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

If you feel that it's worth $200 to have something like your iPod touch with a cell phone squooshed in, then yes, go for it. I know I love mine :)

3. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

4. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

yeah I probably will but like do calls get dropped a lot, send texts quickly, a lot of coverage etc.?

5. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

I've only had my iPhone for a bit over a week. But, so far had only one dropped call (which could have been the person I was talking to that dropped the call), no cracks, no light leak, no dust under the glass. Battery could be better, but, it's no worse than my previous phone which could do far less than the iPhone does.

6. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Depends on your coverage area. For me I've had a couple of failed calls but no dropped calls. SMS coverage is okay for me as well...but the firmware has made my typing really slow. Actually it varies...sometimes it is fast and other times not so much.

AT&T has great coverage in urban areas and on highways. Not the best coverage map ever but good enough for me. 3G coverage is picking up too...but with the ability to just use EDGE, I only use 3G when wanting to surf the net or stream music...otherwise using EDGE saves battery.

I love the phone though. Best choice to finally move from my iPod touch to the iPhone.

7. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

what phone was this?

8. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Aight thanks

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

iPhone!

10. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Do you need a smart phone? Is it truly necessary for you to always be able to be online? It all depends on your situation. Plus, it costs quite a lot, in my book (then again, I thought my $70 phone was expensive, considering how it's kind of $h!tty). Anyway, it's up to you; I wouldn't get it if you want it for the app store and stuff; just buy it for the iPod Touch.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I love my 3G so much that I bought two! It works that good!

12. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Who was the second one for? Or is it for yourself (for some strange reason)?

EDIT: 250th post! Woo!

13. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Me of course! I got it for the second phone number and to have double the storage space. Some people get one number, some people get the other.

At one time, I had three version one iPhones. I sold the first two last month and the third is currently on eBay.

14. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Gee...I just don't understand. Maybe it's just me, but I think all a phone should do is make phone calls, store contacts, and text. Then again, I don't think I would every get a smart phone.

15. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It's all good, no need for you to understand. I love gadgets as you can tell from my signature. Do I really need four Macs? No, just wanted them. I barely have time in a day to use them all and that doesn't include my Windows laptops. I just like stuff! :D

16. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

get it...you can sell your touch or live with both...can't beat that

17. evillageprowler macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I just got an iPhone 3G and I love it. I also own an iPod Touch, which I plan to keep. I use my iPhone primarily with 3G off to save on battery.

EVP

18. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

I currently have a treo and that works well for me. I want to use all of the web using apps on the go plus the email would be great

19. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Just one more question, are a lot of stores sold out?

20. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Apple store stock is picking up. The one in Keystone has them everyday, in all of the varieties (8 GB black seems to be the most popular). If you use AT&T, be mindful that they are backed up like hell and it takes at least 5 days via DF.

21. iblastoff macrumors 6502

confused as to why you're bothering to ask if you should get an iphone IN an iphone forum.

22. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

A white 16gig iPhone 3G.

23. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I'm fairly certain that you can just go to any Apple store and walk right in now. I did that last Monday. I called two Apple stores and both of them had phones in. I picked one and drove out there. It's been long enough that there aren't any lines any longer.

24. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

the iphone is much better. iphone has everything the ipod has and more. its got a camera, speakers, phone capabilities, and feautrers such as voice recording. also, if you think its a pain to carry around your ipod and phone at the same time, why not just have it all in one very nice sleek package?