iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michaud68, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Michaud68 macrumors member

Is the volume on the iPhone lower than the volume on the iPod Touch ?

2. Katuls macrumors member

3. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

In regards to the speakers, the original iPhone's speakers are absurdly weak. I would say they are weaker than those of the iPod touch. The iPhone 3G has the loudest speaker of the 3.

4. Michaud68 thread starter macrumors member

In regard to listening to music with the ear buds my ipod touch seams alot louder I usually have to lower the volume because it was too loud but with the
    iphone 3g I just got that isn't the case.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

Are you sure that isn't an issue with how the music was recorded? Try the exact same song on both.

Are you comparing the ear buds on the touch to the ear buds on the iPhone or the external speaker?

6. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

My iphone 2g has the worst volume. I thought I got a defected one, but i had a problem and got it replaced. It is even worse. The speaker phone is pathetic, I can hear better playing through the headphones(a few feet away).

With they upgraded the speaker. Some phones have way louder speakers. Make that all other phones.

7. Michaud68 thread starter macrumors member

Yes I am comparing the ear buds on the touch to the ear buds on the iPhone. I have compared the same song which was purchased on iTunes and it was one that was one of the new unprotected done in 256 kbps, and my ipod touch is definitely alot louder. Same earbuds were used on both.

8. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

That isnt saying much. I didnt think there was much difference in the 3G and first gen speaker. Maybe a slight difference but thats it.

9. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Are your settings the same on both devices? Like do you have "sound check" turned on one of them and not the other?

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I disagree. The sound on the external speaker of my 3G is leaps and bounds past that of my 1st gen.

11. Michaud68 thread starter macrumors member

Yes settings are both the same

12. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

along this same idea, when i plug my headphones into my Macbook and play a song on itunes it gets much louder than if I were to play if off of my ipod. I was always under the impression that its not the device which allows the speakers to reach its peak but rather the headphones themselves. So if I understand this correct, switching devices allows for the same headphones to reach different maximums?

13. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

Ever since I jabbed a pin in the speaker holes on my 2G it sounds on par with a 3G iPhone. :eek:

14. Resist macrumors 68030

What about the EQ settings?