Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I have tried several times to update tonite my iPhone11Pro. My iPad Pro 11" updated perfectly. But the phone just sits in finder with the little spinning arrows. All my iMac Catalina will do in Finder is say" My Mac is downloading software, etc."

I have crashed the machine w power button several times as the update never finishes. Restart and start the process over again. No joy.

The only difference in the process is the iPhone connects with lightning, the 11" iPad Pro w USBC HiSpeed cable to USB.

I'm also trying to update w WIFI overnight.

Last edited:

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I would call Apple support next. And maybe try restarts before you crash device, whatever that means.

anodibu

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2013
My iPhone Xs couldn’t update through iTunes either. It said I needed to input my passcode on my phone but nothing appeared on the phone. After a while I got a message that there was a problem updating. Updated fine over the air.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
It might be because you and 500 million other people are trying to update at the same time. Wait a week. It's ALWAYS prudent to never install an update when it immediately becomes available anyway.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
It finished updating when I tried over WIFI, rather than directly connected to Catalina iMac, via Finder. Have no idea why the iPhone had issues w direct cabled to iMac, and the 11" iPad Pro updated cabled immediately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.