iphone3 charging?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vincent843, Jul 9, 2011.

1. vincent843, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

vincent843 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    just bought the used phone and been told that the battery is new from Apple.
    Anyway, I left it unused for 3 days so battery ran out. When plug into the wall, I see the plug and the lightening icon flashing then the plug disappear, leaving the lightening steady....It's been 4 hours, I still see the battery with a red bar on the left. try to turn on/off nothing happend. Any ideas, tips? Thx

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

After 4 hours plugged into a wall socket, the battery should have taken more charge. First thing i would do is try another charger as it's possible the one you're using is faulty.

If that fails, where did you buy the iPhone? If you've just bought it a few days back I'd go back to the seller.

RTP.

3. 2ndchancephones macrumors regular

I have seen where I put in brand new batteries they do not work...just take it back and try another battery..maybe he got a bad batch of batteries in...it happens.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I would take this straight back to the person you bought it from. It sounds like they installed a bad battery and either knowingly sold you a bad phone or unknowingly sold you a phone with a crap battery. Be polite and ask what the seller can do for you. :)