Iphone3g and jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eckstei4, Jul 22, 2008.

1. eckstei4 macrumors newbie

Okey I have a question. I was just at the ATT store and the salesman told me that you HAD to have the data package or the phone wouldnt work and i will need to get a new noniphone. Is this true? I mean how can they say that after my initial contract is up if I dont want to continue my data service that my phone wont work? please tell me this was a lie.

second question. if the issue above is true and the iphone is just a paperweight without the data service does jailbreak resovle this issue ie. does jailbreak unlock the phone function or is jailbreak just to use nonnative apps?

thnks for advice and help

2. HeavenDivine macrumors member

he is wrong. if you cancel after 30 days u will just pay off the cancelation fee and keep your phone. it will still work, only on AT&T though. jailbreak doesnt unlock, you have to use a seperate unlock if you want to use another provider.

3. eckstei4 thread starter macrumors newbie

I not sure the last post actually answered my question. my issue is can I cancel the data plan on the iphone 3g but keep the voice plan?

4. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I think you'll have to cancel the whole plan and start a new voice plan.

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

No, I have seen a guy on MR. forums who removed his data plan on iPhone 3G. Definitely can be done.