Iphone3g V ferrari

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stevepeck, Jul 22, 2008.

1. stevepeck macrumors member

By reading most of the things posted on this site, it seems to me that most people love there Iphones, and are dead proud of them.
    So if you spent $250,000 on a brand new ferrari would you mess around with its engine, just to get a extra 5 kph?
    So why jailbreak a Iphone? You waited over a year, and probebley stood in silly lines to purchase one, then you risk bricking it, sounds like greed.

2. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

why do we break any rules or regulations ?

because they are there to be broken :)

These posts are just stupid , either post something constructive or dont post at all

although i do get your point

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

lol! you insult him then go on to add that you do get his point. :D

4. DJ88 macrumors regular

5. evangw macrumors regular

It's more like if you bought a BMW 3-series, but it's electronically limited at 60 kph. You want to drive it on the highway, so you remove the electronic limiter. I don't see how 'greed' even remotely comes into account. Jailbreaking is for putting apps on your phone that aren't allowed by Apple--themes, emulators, and programs that require features not officially allowed (e.g. running in the background).

Jailbreaking is not for getting applications from the App store for free. Even if you wanted to, you can't do that with a jailbroken phone, and I suspect that when people do crack App store apps, it won't require you to jailbreak your phone.

Anyway, it's probably not worth responding to posts like this, but I see threads like these pretty often and haven't seen anyone give a serious reply.

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

1. That's a stupid analogy.

2. You won't brick your iphone by jailbreaking. You might if you unlock it but not by jailbreaking it.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

a veeeeeeerrrrrryyyyy bad one

8. ajuk14 macrumors newbie

Is this guy/troll from Apple? That's second thread now he's mentioned this crap. You pay for it, you can do what you want with it, don't like it, then sod off.

9. evangw macrumors regular

Judging by his terrible grammar and spelling (and living in a native English speaking country), I'd put odds at 80% that he's like 11 years old, 20% that he's retarded, since he advocates using The Pirate Bay here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5836101&postcount=15 but then says it's greedy to jailbreak your iPhone here. (I admit there is a possibility for overlap between my two bets, though... and continuing on looking through posts, he says he gave his old phone to his son, so maybe I'll have to just stick with 100% retarded.)

10. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Hillarious!

11. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

i dont know why you care what other people do to their phones

12. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

now I know you must work for Apple, this isn't the first post you post advising people on not hacking iPhones. I love the Ferrari comparison cause it's hilarious. While I appreciate your concern, I think most people who research jailbreaking or unlocking already know the risk and feel it's worth it.

Also, some people like myself aren't getting an extra "5 kph". In my country, we have no iPhone support so I have to unlock it to get it to actually "drive".

13. jeffmc macrumors 6502

this entire thread is silly, it is 100% impossible to 100% brick your phone

you can re-flash firmware
    you can re-flash baseband
    and you can re-flash bootloaders

the only risk you take it causing yourself a little bit of an annoyance if you know what you're doing

14. entwife macrumors regular

Your analogy is a bit flawed as you seem to presume everyone had an option to buy one and they just wanted to mess with it, at one point messing with the software it was the only way to get an iphone if you lived in certain countries such as Canada etc. Why do people add spoilers and big wheels to crap cars??? its still a crap car with big wheels and a spoiler, the reason is people can do what they want with their own stuff.

15. PatrickRolfsen macrumors regular

PatrickRolfsen

Yulp :) i tinker with my 3 quite often and thoroughly plan on doing so with my phone

16. The General macrumors 601

I wouldn't spend $250,000 on a Ferrari. I'd spend $70,000 on a Nissan GT-R, so this analogy is broken. :D

17. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Smartest. Post. Ever.

18. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm going to have to disagree.

I'm also going to go ahead and NOT prove it to you with my iPhone. I like my iPhone.

19. AgentSmith macrumors newbie

And then put bigger turbos on it :)

stevepeck your analogy is flawed. The first thing people do when buying a sports car is think How do I make it go faster. Otherwise its just as fast as everyone else's Ferrari. You're obviously not a car person.