iPhone3GS Family Plan Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aero93, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Aero93 macrumors newbie

Im not too sure if this topic belongs here but here i go...

Im currently a secondary line on a family plan with AT&T. I want an iphon3gs. I've been reading around, and apparently, all i have to do is pay $30 more a month and im all set!?
    Now from my experience Ive learned that things are never as simple as they seem. I get the feeling when i go into the store the guys gonna tell me, "sorry you have to switch to an individual iphone plan that'll cost $70 big ones a month"-which i cannot afford to do.
    And also, if you CAN do that (just add on $30 more) then how come a person on an individual plan cannot do this? They have to switch over to that stupid huge iphone plan...
    Any help is appreciated and sorr again if this dosnt belong here...:)

2. samwich macrumors regular

To my understanding, you select the family plan that includes however many minutes you want (700, 1400, etc) Then you add $30 for every iPhone, or $10 for standard phones. The $30 covers the unlimited data plan mandatory with the iPhone.

3. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

yes it'll be:

$9.99 for the additional line
    $30 for the required data plan

so minimum 39.99/month to get the iphone 3gs

i've added on:

$20 unlimited text

with all the taxes, my monthly comes out to be rougly $65

4. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Additional iPhone Cost:

Data - $30
    Line - $9.99
    Txting - Depends on what plan the family plan has? I personally have a $30 unlimited for the entire family. That's all txt's in and out unlimited for every line on my account - I have 5 lines.

5. iPhoneNYC macrumors 6502a

iPhoneNYC

I just upgraded my 1st Gen to a 3GS. I gave the old iPhone to my daughter who was already on my family plan and I was paying 10 bucks for. By giving her the iPhone I am only charged an extra $20 for data and that's that. BTW, my 13 year old is thrilled with the exchange.

6. Aero93 thread starter macrumors newbie

All right thanks guys. Im headed over to at&t later today. I hope you guys are right >_<