iphone3Gs..water...rice...dry..."no sim card" Now what??!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nodizzy, Jul 3, 2011.

1. nodizzy macrumors newbie

Like so many other unfortunate few, I dropped my iphone3Gs in water. I don't think I've ever been so angry at myself! I learned about the rice treatment (had to wait until I got home from work) and after two days the condensation was gone and I had the "connect to itunes" logo on the phone.

Once connected (sim card installed) itunes starts to restore the phone. It verifies and goes all the way through the restoration process then at the last moment I get the message "There is no sim card installed in the device you are trying to restore."

I've tried several times. The phone in its current state seems to allow emergency calls only. It powers down, recognizes the power cord (chirps as usual) which leads me to believe there's still gold in them thar hiills! The darn thing just won't recognize the sim card.

ANY ideas will make this poor slob a very happy poor slob with a working iphone!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd start by trying a new (or different) SIM card.

3. nodizzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

I forgot to mention-the SIM card works perfectly in a previous AT&T phone (the one I had before upgrading to the iphone.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I doubt changing sim cards will work for you. The part of the PCB that connects to your sim card is fried. You might as well get an out of warranty replacement or buy a new one.

5. nodizzy thread starter macrumors newbie

This is a new suggestion. I'll look into the PCB replacement and will let you know what happens.

Thanks!