iPhone4: 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 battery changes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by senc01a, Aug 22, 2010.

1. senc01a macrumors regular

Hi,
    I've been searching on the forum for this but I haven't found a thread that particularly talks about it.

Are you guys experiencing the Phantom usage or battery drain long periods of sleep time still in 4.0.2?
    Have you noticed any difference in this sense between the 4.0.1 and the 4.0.2?

If so, are you using Exchange accounts? Are you running some apps on the backgroun like Skype? Wifi and LS enabled? Is it jailbroken?
    Thank you very much for this info!

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

4.0.2 makes no changes to anything battery related. Try restoring if you're having problems

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I would turn off PUSH Mail or deactivate one account at a time and test. No relationship to 4.0.2.

4. senc01a thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,
    thanks for your replies.

Yes, as you said there aren't supposed to be any changes with battery issues but it seems like some people are indeed experiencing differences.

(see threads from page 17 up)
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2508644&start=270&tstart=0

That's why I was also asking here, just to see if you had any opinions about it.

(Thus so far, it seems like turning off push and also removing the exchange email has improved my battery life particularly)