Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenreaves

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
I'm here in Pakistan where we can unlock our iPhone 4/4S in just $15 to $20.
well, i didn't try this yet. but i'm wondering how's that possible ? what trick they're using to perform an unlock ?

all they require is our IMEI code , not even bother to ask about the Carrier it is locked to :D

does anybody have any information about this ?

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Probably somehow getting your IMEI into Apple's list of officially unlocked devices.

Might be a scam though. Unlock at your own risk.

mkhred1

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2012
Unlocking your phone is available now for free, why would you pay to get it done?

kenreaves

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012

Tomorrow i m going to visit that guy.

Lets see what happens next

Prob is i have already updated my phone to ios 5.1.1

How could i check if he has perform an unlock?

Any idea?

I have iphone 4 bb 1.59 unlocked via ultrasn0w running ios 5.1.1

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Tomorrow i m going to visit that guy.

Lets see what happens next

Prob is i have already updated my phone to ios 5.1.1

How could i check if he has perform an unlock?

Any idea?

I have iphone 4 bb 1.59 unlocked via ultrasn0w running ios 5.1.1

I just say to check and see if he can do it. If not oh well .

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Just deactivate it using redsnow.
Dont let him update your baseband. Cause if he's fake then you lost your unlock for good.
I wouldnt risk it.
The only thing you should give him is your IMEI number, that's all that's needed for an official unlock.

kenreaves

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Just deactivate it using redsnow.
Dont let him update your baseband. Cause if he's fake then you lost your unlock for good.
I wouldnt risk it.
The only thing you should give him is your IMEI number, that's all that's needed for an official unlock.

do you know the process about how to " officially unlock " our iphone ?
i want to do it on my own :( i just need a guide line :(

kenreaves

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Probably somehow getting your IMEI into Apple's list of officially unlocked devices.

Might be a scam though. Unlock at your own risk.

do you have any information about how to submit our IMEI to apple's list of officially unlocked devices ?

----------

Call att and if your are eligible it is straight forward guide line!

I'm not eligible C'z i bought if from a third person :(
I'm stuck in middle, i want to sell out my iphone, but it's software unlocked and this makes it devalued :(

here in Pakistan a factory unlocked iphone can be found in $400
and a software unlocked has a value of $300,,, i bought it in $400 :(

i'm getting loss of $100 at this moment :(

----------

Call att and if your are eligible it is straight forward guide line!

my phone is MC607B a UK based Carrier " 3 "

is there a way to communicate to " 3 " officials to get my phone unlocked with out making any payment ? :p

Last edited:

nephron8

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
you are in bad shape already.
dont risk loosing your unlock.

as far as I have read about this unlock stuff.,
its only possible two ways.

one your official carrier doing your unlock.

second is using third party services who can put your imei in whitelist.

both of which looks highly suspicious in your case.

As far as I have read, their is no official unlocking third party service for iphone locked on 3 network.

dont hand over your phone for updating your baseband and thus loosing your unlock.

you cant contact 3 and ask them for unlocking as

1) you are not official subscriber of 3

2) you are not their contract user for whom they can unlock.

kenreaves

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
you are in bad shape already.
dont risk loosing your unlock.

you cant contact 3 and ask them for unlocking as

1) you are not official subscriber of 3

2) you are not their contract user for whom they can unlock.

why would they unlock my phone if i m not eligible customer of 3 ? :(

and about those guys who will add my imei in Apple's white list acquiring $20 to unlock,, all i wanted the method they're using ? all they ask for IMEI ..
and if i pay $20 to get my phone unlocked , i will try iOS 6 beta in my phone in order to confirm if my phone is unlocked... do i have any better option to confirm ?

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
do you have any information about how to submit our IMEI to apple's list of officially unlocked devices ?

If it was that easy nobody would pay for their 'unlock' services.

You'll probably have to go through one of those unlock services to do that, if it's even legitimate. If it's a physical store or something it's more likely to be legit.

kenreaves

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
If it was that easy nobody would pay for their 'unlock' services.

You'll probably have to go through one of those unlock services to do that, if it's even legitimate. If it's a physical store or something it's more likely to be legit.

then how these guys are doing unlock ? i will physically visit their shop, hardly 10 mins drive, i will pay $20 and they will unlock my phone at the moment, ( no wait for 8 to 10 working days to receive the code )
definitely they will connect to itunes and flash my phone in order to complete the unlock process which will confirm that my phone is unlocked.

may be they have bought this service one time and now they can unlock unlimited devices ,

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
then how these guys are doing unlock ? i will physically visit their shop, hardly 10 mins drive, i will pay $20 and they will unlock my phone at the moment, ( no wait for 8 to 10 working days to receive the code )
definitely they will connect to itunes and flash my phone in order to complete the unlock process which will confirm that my phone is unlocked.

may be they have bought this service one time and now they can unlock unlimited devices ,

That doesn't make sense.
Doesn't sound like an official unlock.
Either way good luck.

nephron8

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
And for confirming you don't need to flash iOS. You can plug in unsupported sim card and if you end up at lock screen you are unlocked.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008

Definitely sounds like they're somehow injecting your phone's IMEI into Apple's official unlock database- that's the only way I can think of. Since it involves iTunes, doubly so- it's so they can get the 'your iPhone is now unlocked' message to verify the unlock has gone through.

Go ahead and do it, I don't think a local shop can scam you, especially if it's done in front of you.

And for confirming you don't need to flash iOS. You can plug in unsupported sim card and if you end up at lock screen you are unlocked.

He's already got an ultrasn0w unlock so that proves nothing, other than there being an unlock. He'll have to wipe to verify the 'official' unlock is actually working.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld

Then how are these guys doing the unlock? HOW DO WE KNOW?!? My guess is that they may have a way to put your IMEI into Apple's database. There were some service like this a while back and it took them several days to unlock it.

Do what Applejuice said, just give them your IMEI and not let them upgrade your baseband cause that should be all they need.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I'm sure they're trying to sell you an ultrasn0w unlock and just telling you it's an official unlock. The ONLY one who can submit an unlock request to Apple is the company that originally sold the iPhone. This would not be the first company/individual to try to pass off an ultrasn0w unlock as an official unlock.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
He's already got an ultrasn0w unlock so that proves nothing, other than there being an unlock. He'll have to wipe to verify the 'official' unlock is actually working.

Not true. All he has to do is deactivate the iPhone with SAM, then plug it into iTunes to reactivate. If the IMEI unlock is real, he will get the congratulations banner.

There are vendors who can submit IMEI's into Apple's whitelist server (somehow - ??).
I just had a 4S IMEI unlocked for $65, get the congrats banner every time I change the firmware or restore.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Not true. All he has to do is deactivate the iPhone with SAM, then plug it into iTunes to reactivate. If the IMEI unlock is real, he will get the congratulations banner.

There are vendors who can submit IMEI's into Apple's whitelist server (somehow - ??).
I just had a 4S IMEI unlocked for $65, get the congrats banner every time I change the firmware or restore.

I see. I've only ever had factory unlocked iPhones so I wasn't too sure about that. Thanks for clearing that up.

BIS2

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2004

I was told I needed to uninstall ultraslow, then deactivate using SAM. Can I just do the SAM step??

I have an iPhone 4, 1.59/5.0.1 on tmobile. At&t says they unlocked it and apple confirmed, but I want to make sure before I restore......

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I was told I needed to uninstall ultraslow, then deactivate using SAM. Can I just do the SAM step??

I have an iPhone 4, 1.59/5.0.1 on tmobile. At&t says they unlocked it and apple confirmed, but I want to make sure before I restore......

Having Ultrasn0w installed does not stop the IMEI unlock from being applied.
After the unlock is applied, you can then remove Ultrasn0w.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.