Iphone4 Actualy dead. proberly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hsean, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Hsean macrumors newbie

My brother brought me his iphone to see if i can get it working. Hard reset is a no go. nothing to do with plugging it in is also a no go, power button still works and home to. it just seems to be lifeless. any ideas would be great thanks

2. harsh macrumors newbie

you have to explain what happened to it...what did did your brother do with so that it happened.....
    and how is it now...in which condition..in which mode it is?

Do one thing.

download latest version of readsn0w.

after downloading open it

you can see the option extra...click it..(your Iphone must have in normal or recovery mode)

than you can find other option recovery fix....click it
    (after clicking this option put your Iphone in DFU mode)

wait till your Iphone start again.....it might take 1 hour or less...just wait.....do not touch the Iphone and don't worry.....let it happen what is happening...

i hope it will help you......

3. Hsean thread starter macrumors newbie

Aparently it was being used like normal and just seems dead. nothing works. I tried what you said. recovery fix was lit up so I can click it. but it said not detected. i did what it said correctly. seems like a power issue to me

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Is it possible you have a DEAD BATTERY?

Am not sure you can operate phone with AC-only and a non-functinal battery.

5. zxoraz macrumors member

What exactly happened to the phone that made it stop working?
    Was it dropped in water or something?

As far as I know, if it's a battery issue, the phone would turn on when plugged to a charger.

It does so on an iPhone 4S I have here at least, maybe it doesn't act the same on the 4.
    I would recommend getting a replacement battery off ebay just to see if it helps at all..

It could also be that the dock connector is ruined, therefore it lost all battery power it had completely and didn't charge ever since.
    If the phone wasn't dropped from a high place / dropped in water - I doubt the damage is bad so there's a high chance that this is the problem.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If there is an Apple store near you, get a Genius appointment and take it in. They do assessments on out of warranty devices for free, and they can tell you if it's dead, can be resurrected, needs to be fixed, etc. Once you know the verdict you can then decide what you want to do.