Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OCSpersonel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
Hopefully their isnt a thread like this out there already (searched a bit and didn't find much) but anyone else noticing increased issues in the iOS4 firmware? I have an iP4 and 4.0.2 so im not sure if its just my model and firmware or across the board but iv noticed the following:
-horrible 3G usage (loading and such)
-multitasking app tray freezing the phone when trying to close apps
-hard button freezing as in any hard button stops working, but the touch screen still works (had to do a hard restart for that one)
-and the usual proximity sensor issue

anyone else noticing these problems or anything similar? hopefully these issues get fixed in 4.1

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Hopefully their isnt a thread like this out there already (searched a bit and didn't find much) but anyone else noticing increased issues in the iOS4 firmware? I have an iP4 and 4.0.2 so im not sure if its just my model and firmware or across the board but iv noticed the following:
-horrible 3G usage (loading and such)
-multitasking app tray freezing the phone when trying to close apps
-hard button freezing as in any hard button stops working, but the touch screen still works (had to do a hard restart for that one)
-and the usual proximity sensor issue

anyone else noticing these problems or anything similar? hopefully these issues get fixed in 4.1

the multitasking app freezing had a thread out there and common denominator was closing the messages app, which doesn't happen anymore on 4.1.

proximity sensor is fixed in 4.1, there are tons of threads about the proximity sensor.

as for your other 2, never had those issues, not heard anyone saying about them. the 3G thing could be down to your signal, the button thing might be worth taking to the Apple store about and getting replacement

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.