iphone4 att gophone help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by luzdary, Feb 8, 2011.

1. luzdary macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 which is att and I want to do gophone, buy a sim gophone a cell and insert it when I said that the sim card is invalid and is not to be due to that. please help I do?

2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

well your going to need to jailbreak and unlock first because when an iPhone is ties to ATT i think that is just the post paid plans

3. luzdary thread starter macrumors newbie

the person who sold it to me told me that it was jailbroken, it is rare that I have another sim card but that is a cell that does not use and that tells me no service and that is att sim but when put the other to buy for gophone's when I said it was invalid, not if the iPhone 4 gophone can do or not?

4. nabechu macrumors 6502

the phone is probably jailbroken, but not unlocked from the sound of it.

5. luzdary thread starter macrumors newbie

and how I can know if it is unlocked? and you know if the iphon4 can use one with att to be gophone ..

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Try the gophone sim in another AT&T phone. It might be the SIM that's having an issue. Also, you may have cut it incorrectly.

7. hackthatphone, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

My iPhone 4 is on 3.10.01 modem firmware (which is not unlockable) yet my GoPhone SIM works just fine.

No unlock needed!

Do people just guess without actually knowing what they are talking about when they provide information to others? Is this the iclarified official forum?

I also think you may have cut your SIM incorrectly to fit the phone (but that should result in a no sim message) or that SIM is already bonded to another phone (was used to activate another phone for service.)

8. luzdary thread starter macrumors newbie

sim card because the court well and put in another cell where they came when they buy in that cell if it works well but only when I place the iPhone 4 is when I said that the sim is invalid do not know if I have to buy another sim and try again or I who are doing something wrong.

9. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

Do you speak english? If not, can you get someone else to assist you on typing this? No offense, I am having a hard time interpreting what you are writing.

Att iPhones do not have to be unlocked to use GoPhone service.

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Go phone SIMS are att and there is no need to jailbreak or unlock the phone. However, there is a potential problem and it all depends on how you obtained the Gophone SIM.

If you bought it with a phone the SIM might be tied to the imei of the phone that you bought it with. They often do this for the first six months of the life of the SIM.

Personally I found the best way to get an ATT pay and go SIM that works with any phone is to get it from an ATT store. When you purchase the SIM they will more likely than not ask you for the IMEI of the phone you are going to use it with. Just tell them you don't have it with you and you want them to activate the SIM.

If you take the SIM home and activate it yourself on line it will also ask you for the IMEI. It probably will not allow you to activate the SIM with an Iphone IMEI if you use another phone IMEI there is also the possibility it will tie it to the IMEI of the phone you selected.