iPhone4 Back Cover?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mondays, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Mondays macrumors member

Mondays

I'm 90% sure that I'll be purchasing the E13ctron aluminum case.
    My one question is, it does not look like this case comes with a cover for the back. The case does have a raised edge but I'd still like some sort of back protection.

Is it possible to put on some type of back plate in addition to the case?
    If so, any recommendations?

2. Mondays thread starter macrumors member

Mondays

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

If you're just looking for something to slap on the back then get a cheap protector off eBay or something. But since you're okay with forking out the loot for this case, a lot of people have been using carbon back plates/skins on their phones. Adds a nice look to the case and is slightly more protective than just a regular screen protector. There are oodles of threads on here for both the back skins if you're interested.

4. Mondays thread starter macrumors member

Mondays

Ya I don't want to spend too much, but that case is just so pretty XD
    I'll look around at the carbon back plates.
    I don't mine just using the power support protection, which really should be fine.

Do you know if the carbon back plates will fit with the e13ctron case? That was my one concern with getting it, I don't really know how the back plates attach.

5. psyduckiee macrumors regular

With the e13ctron, any back protector will probably fit. The carbon fiber one is similar to the regular clear protectors that are put on the back for protection.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Dunno. Don't have this case myself however there is big ass thread about it here. I'm guessing someone would've discussed back plates/carbon backs for this case somewhere in the thread.

7. Mondays thread starter macrumors member

Mondays

Ah I was under the impression the carbon fiber was a solid piece. It's basically a decal that provides the same amount of protection.

I'll probably end up purchasing
    http://www.theluckylabs.com/iphone-4-teksure-skin-back-only-38.html

I'm using a Invisishield at the moment and cant stand its texture so ill probably get a front anti-glare from power support.

Thanks for all the help.

8. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I use a Gelaskin. It should work with the El3ctron as well if you want something a little different.

9. Mondays thread starter macrumors member

Mondays

Ya that's cool I might do that.

With the gelaskin front cover, does it only cover the top and bottom, or does it provided screen protection too?