iPhone4 bumper and Otterbox Defender no good

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphoneclassic, Oct 14, 2011.

1. iphoneclassic macrumors 6502

Tried both iPhone4 bumper and Otterbox Defender cases with 4s. Mute button doesn't align with the opening. You can atlease slide the mute button with Bumper. With Otterbox Defender you cannot even slide. I didn't apply too much force but it is snug tight with the case.

2. NoHo macrumors 6502

It fits well on mine. I have a white 4S and a black AT&T otterbox defender. The mute button is a little low, but it's easily reached.

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

Depends. Cases made after February 2011 usually have a universal design to fit the Verizon iPhone 4.

OP. you probably had case made before February 2011.

Apple and other manufacturers did a quiet redesign to fit the Verizon iPhone.

The new iPhone 4s is modeled after Verizon iPhone in terms of the volume button being slightly different than the original iPhone 4 GSM model.

4. iphoneclassic thread starter macrumors 6502

That explains. I can reach mute button but cannot slide it. Little bit of Dremel action tomorrow should take care of it.

I noticed one more thing with iPhone4 bumper, besides littlebit misalignment of mute button, you have to press volume up + bit hard, volume down - works fine.

5. dqfayi macrumors regular

:D I treated it very well and found no problem with this Apple product.

6. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

I can live with the bumper case being off a litte.

7. jjlannoo Suspended

just get a sleeve or pouch. phone is too pretty for a case or bumper

8. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I have the otter box commuter and the mophie juice pack air. Both fit fine. Not a good line up, but everything works. Good enough for me.

----------

And too made of glass.