iPhone4 Camera Videos - how to put them BACK on the phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kdesign7, Aug 10, 2010.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I choose to restore my iPhone 4 back to factory settings, and then update to the 4.0.1 firmware.

I backed up all of my photos and videos to my iMac with iPhoto. I can see all the photos and all of the videos that were taken with my iPhone's camera.

When I sync my iPhone to iTunes, I can see the options at the top tab under PHOTOS, and an Option to Sync Video's as well... But then this is where the issue begins.

All the photos sync with ease, but the videos don't. I get a popup msg saying that the File names (lists off a bunch) cannot be sync'd because they aren't compatiable with the device.

The Format is *.MOV - this confuses me a bit because the phone created the videos in this format, but yet, when I sync the files ONTO the iMac, I cannot return the videos back to the iPhone?

Am I missing something?!

Thanks for the help guys/gals!!

-Trav

Update: I wanna be able to put the files back into the Camera Roll -

I did some reading up on DiskAid.. has anyone heard of it?! What are your thoughts?!

2. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

I was able to sync back videos from the iPhone 4 after my initial data transfer from a jailbroken 3G messed up my iPhone 4 data and I had to restore the phone as new. The videos I shot synced back fine once I selected sync videos in the photo tab in iTunes. I don't think it's possible to get them back onto the camera roll though.

3. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

See, thats what I thought would happen. After I sync'd all my videos and photos to my iMac, and restored the phone, that when I selected to Backup my iPhone to a previous backup save point on my iMac, that it would transfer all of the vidoes and photos (which it did), back to the iPhone. I got a popup msg saying that all of my Videos wouldn't be sync'd because they weren't compatiable... because they are in the *.MOV format.

Well, I Did some research with DiskAid, and when you load the program on your desktop (MAC or Win), and then you connect your iDevice, there is an option to put files back into the Camera Roll...

It looks promising, but I haven't had the chance to try it out, as Im at work, and when Im off work, Ill be heading outta town for a day or so visiting my grandmother. So I'll def. check it out when I get back and have a chance and I'll report back.

Thanks for the reply mate!