iPhone4 - Can I voice tag contacts? Built in voice control is dreadful!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Board Room, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Board Room macrumors newbie

Hi

Just got my iPhone 4.

Lots to love about it but a few irritating problems I'm having to work through. I'll post separate threads for each!

Ive found voice control absolutely dreadful with my contacts and I dont want to waste any more time trying to get it to work. I prefix my commands with "call" or "Dial" and it just doesn't recognise the contact I want. As others have suggested Ive tried changing the language for voice control but it hasn't helped.

Is there a way (an app?) to add voice tags to specific contacts?

This is what I had on my XDA Stellar and it worked faultlessly!

Hope so!

Thanks for your time.

B R

2. Ayepawd macrumors newbie

Had a similar issue and just found solution on another thread, not perfect but works.
    Just add a 'phonetic' name in the contact nickname field.

ie if contact name is Singeon, add Sinjin to nickname

3. ianray macrumors 6502

What language do you speak?

I speak British English, and have configured iPhone appropriately. Asking "What time is it?" and "What song is playing?" work ok, but dialling contacts is hit and miss.

4. Board Room thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion I'll give it a go.

I'm British English but Ive found I get better results from voice control set to American! But still not that accurate so it gets infuriating when I'm driving and using handsfree. So many incorrect contacts called!

Cheers

B R