iPhone4 can't find new printer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hitman1717, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Hitman1717 macrumors regular

I just got an HP 410c so that I could print wirelessly from my iPad and iPhone. The printer is set up and on the router network. However, when I go to print from the iPhone, it cannot find the printer. Advice?

2. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Contact Apple or HP?

3. Hitman1717 thread starter macrumors regular

The printer says that it connected to the router and the network, but the Mac itself cannot even connect to the printer. I ran through the installation CD, but it's not picking it up. I even entered the printer's IP address, but the error message comes up: the setup assistant could not connect to your address.

4. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

My HP ePrint printer had to be setup with the CD and a USB cable.

5. Hitman1717 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

But isn't it supposed to be wireless? I thought that was the whole point!

6. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

They start out with a cable then after that they can be wireless. The cable is needed to set up the network connection to the printer IP since they are not discoverable.

7. Hitman1717 thread starter macrumors regular

Using the USB I was able to print from the Mac. Once I take the USB out, the printer cannot be found. I ran a network test and everything passed. I know the printer is on my router. But still no wireless printing from the Mac and the iPad can't find it either.