Iphone4 completely unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by biml123, Nov 22, 2010.

1. biml123 macrumors newbie

Left phone to charge overnight now completely dead. tried hard reset still unresponsive, unresponsive when plugged into computer or other sources to charge. charging dock was not new and is regularly used by both me and my gf her ipod is fine. this is the first time my phone has done this.

anyone know how i can get it to start back up again? so far everything i have tried doesn't seem to work, nor do any of the solutions found posted in the forums.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Sounds like you tried everything. If it won't fire up, take it back to Apple or AT&T store for a replacement.

3. xela24678 macrumors regular

I would suggest to put it in DFU mode. But you need it on for that... Call apple care, they will help you out. They did for me on another problem but that's another story. The only problem is that it takes a while to actually talk to someone besides a machine.

4. biml123 thread starter macrumors newbie

im not in the US and apple care doesnt take overseas calls. also it will be a while b4 i can get to an apple shop so any other solutions or tricks would be helpful.

interestingly i tried to connect it to a ipod speaker to see what would happen if i try to play music but then the speaker says "connecting" and seems to be stuck there. the speaker is a REVO heritage if that helps.

5. johnoporritt macrumors member

You can call apple overseas as I have and um in the uk. Just go to the wesite and go on the contact us bit.

6. xela24678 macrumors regular

if it does turn on, than put it in DFU mode. This way you can restore it on itunes

7. biml123 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh yes i see the number i can call, i was using that express lane and it said US only. still not turning on all help is appreciated.