Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jer1230

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Hi All

thanks in advance for any light on the following issue

address book on my MAC has all my current contacts listed in alphabetical order (first name, last name). I have synced with the iPhone4 and all contacts display as per the address book on my mac. However when i go in phone mode and select the CONTACTS icon to chose who i can to call the names of the contacts are not listed alphabetically lists it is mixing them up with FIRST and LAST names. If i go to the letter M for instance it gives me all those people whose surname begins with M. Even though in settings on both iPhone and MAC i have set to list with FIRST name first.

Contacts beginning with the Letter P (first name) are appearing under several categories as the PHONE CONTACTS seems to be arranging them by surname.

Highly frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
J

-MRB

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
UK
Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Contacts>

Sort Order.. First, Last
Display Order.. First, Last

jer1230

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
cheers
thats the way my settings are already setup. quit out of all apps on iphone and mac and did a re-sync and it seems to have sorted itself. must have been a glitch somewhere along the line.
J

thanks anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.