iphone4 cosmetic damage w/pic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cu2010, Jun 7, 2011.

1. cu2010 macrumors 6502

As you can see, the metal and black rubber frames are damaged.. I understand Apple Care doesn't cover cosmetic damages like this, but can they be replaced? If so, how much? Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. angelnilo macrumors member

i hope i dont get corrected for my morals.

but you can go to an apple store and say your home button is acting up and not responding quickly enough and that you think it has dust stuck inside the home button cause at times it sticks and they will switch it out for a PRISTINE condition iphone :)

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

the stainless steel band is probably a lot of money to replace.

4. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

that's barely anything at all. don't be ridiculous and ask for a free replacement for that.

put a case on it if you are that worried.

5. cu2010 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the idea :) It's already been replaced once, so I'm worried that the next time it will be a refurbished one... but it's worth a shot.

6. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

Put it in an Incase slider case and forget about it.

If you would have had it in a case to begin with you would have never had this issue, never mind the "i like my device naked"...thats what you get for not protecting your phone.

7. Interstella5555, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011

Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm more concerned with your lack of morals, but why not just tell the truth? Most honest people get replacements with Apple for no charge, lying only makes it more difficult for those with legitimate problems to get help, pushes up prices.