iPhone4 dead, Only turns on when charger is connected.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by arpittailang, Aug 28, 2012.

1. arpittailang macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a iPhone4 Jailbreaked running iOS 5.1.1

I was Trying to connect it with Speakers using 3.5mm Splitter Jack. My iPhone does not had any screw at bottom, so the back part opened and the battery came out but it was still connected to the terminal. At this time the iPhone Shut off immediately, i Tried putting battery inside the place and it wont turn on...

I tried connecting it with Power Outlet using charger, It turned on and Showed Apple Logo and started Flashing.. It shows Apple logo for few seconds, then restarts.. I am stucked at loop as well as iPhone4 not turning on with battery connected. At very first time turned it on while connected to charger, and On Settings i saw No WiFi Available.. This option was transparent and was not clickable.. I did factory reset but after that it start flashing apple logo and infinite boot loop.

1. Pressing Home + Power button for 10 or 25 seconds not working.
    2. I removed battery from terminal, and put it back and tried to turn on, Not worked!!
    3. I unplugged the small diode near battery terminal, and put it back, but it did not work!!
    4. I cant restore, because i know if i restore the only option i will have is to go to repair shop.. It does not support battery and on Restoring sometime iTunes disconnect and connects multiple time.. Without Battery it will stuck and may permanently bricked.
    5. battery was working fine,, Given 48 hours of backup since yesterday.. I dont think it can be dead instantly..
    6. I am totally depend on your valuable advise on macrumour forum, please help

I dont have any warranty. I dont have any Apple Store, and i dont have any money to get it repaired going away to this city.

I am seeking help to send me any suggestions (tricks) that will work and help me get it fixed.

2. Christina76 macrumors newbie

same problem

I have the same problem with my iPhone and last I have to ask help from the store I buy it. It's annoying.

3. arpittailang thread starter macrumors newbie

I found my Battery's end point was broken.. So i ordered a new battery. I will try new battery and check if i could get my iPhone turned on again.. Once i will be able to turn it on, i will restore it to Jailbroken IPSW

What do you guys think?

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

On boot the battery charge level is checked to stop failed boots due to low battery (possibly corrupting the os) once you have a new battery in there it'll boot fine!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. arpittailang thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? Then i will try with my new battery.
    Yes i am sure its not affected any type of water damage

7. arpittailang thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed

Replaced New battery.. It turned on.. Actually the battery terminal point wire of battery was broken.. The wire in plate is bent so if you pull it, it will break..

Got it fixed.. Working fine.

Close this thread now..