iPhone4 dead

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pmau, Feb 19, 2012.

1. pmau macrumors 65816

This is a rant.

It's dead, was switched off this morning. Does not power on.
    I tried everything ... left it charging for 5 hours connected to the socket (not usb).

Nothing ... holding Home and On/Off.
    No reaction at all.

Not jailbroken or anything.
    I'm pissed. Sorry for that.

2. bandofbrothers, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I dont blame you for being annoyed !

What did you last do with it.

Were you in damp weather and are the moisture indictors clear ?

If it won't turn on or react in anyway when hooked up to i tunes then i can only suggest you contact your local apple store to arrange a genius appointment, as they will be able to run further diagnostics on the unit.

3. pmau thread starter macrumors 65816

I think the battery just died ... I just left it lying for approx. 12 hours.

The problem also appeared with my iPad once, it simply discharged overnight, leaving the ugly red flash battery warning on the display.

I assume that iOS 5 sometimes drains the battery because some process is running wild. Unfortunately it really does nothing at all. It's not even in the system profile as an USB device.

I also tried the DFU mode trick, holding Home while connecting.
    But believe me, it's dead in the water. it does not even get warm when I plug it in the charger...

(Damn ... you know I really like high-end Apple stuff, but the old crappy Nokia plastic phones don't die on you just like that)

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Ive been fortunate and had little issue with my 6month old iPhone 4.

I know its easy for me to type a reply saying that things go wrong Dude, but in todays techno world they invariably do.

One of the reasons why i purchase apple is their customer service, as well as quality idevices.

I truly hope you either manage to find a resolution or rectification via an apple genius.

5. macrat123 macrumors newbie

Take it to the store, the staff are very helpful! Do you have one near by?

6. pmau thread starter macrumors 65816

I contacted T-Mobile. They told me to bring my contract, the phone and the packaging for the IMEI. (Because it cannot be switched on and I don't have the bill anymore)

They did not promise anything, I probably have to pay a certain fee for a replacement.

Thanks for all the comments.