iPhone4: Does your screen blink lightly during a call?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Thor774, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Thor774, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2012

Thor774 macrumors regular

Thor774

This is something that is happening to my phone and that I have not noticed before until today. I think it started after updating to iOS 4.2.1. Try this:

1. Make a call (any call works).
    2. Look at the iPhone while the call is been connected.
    3. The screen blinks lightly while the call is in place.

The screen does not go totally off, it is just a "light blink" while the call is in place. The calls sound ok and I have not noticed anything else strange after the iOS update.

This blinking happens also when I receive a call.

I have tried reseting the iPhone (holding power and the main button) and also reseting it from inside settings. None of these things have fixed the issue.

Does your iPhone behave also like this? I am thinking very seriously in asking for warranty here, but I am going to wait after December has passed as I don't want to be without phone during this period.

Thanks for posting.

2. morningcx macrumors newbie

3. Thor774 thread starter macrumors regular

Thor774

A total reset with wipe out of info and after that a restore from iTunes cured the issue. I guess it was a misbehaving app.

4. Thor774 thread starter macrumors regular

Thor774

The issue was definitely related to my work's Exchange account.
    When I saw the issue the workaround was to activate the VPN and let the Exchange account do its syncing under it. It was annoying. Now my work uses other methods to sync email, calendar and contacts with Exchange and I have not seen the problem since. We don't need the VPN for this tasks anymore.