iPhone4 fraud???? Opinions welcome

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3iproductions, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 3iproductions macrumors newbie

With so many online offers these days, I have seen my fair share of scam artists. I've seen PayPal scams where people try to instantly reverse a payment and eBay scams galore. But I'm curious about the suppliers who actually use PayPal for payment. I use PayPal for many business functions and even occasionally to pay a restaurant bill. I know PayPal policies pretty well.. Sometimes moreso than their cs reps.

I have had several suppliers with iPhone offers ranging from 300-600depending on my order amount. My order amount is 10+ and with a monthly capability for 50+ phones. Typically I have to buy single iPhones from apple Canada then have them shipped to my location in the US.

I recently had a potential Canadian supplier make an offer, send his PayPal invoice with all his contact details and sent all info on the phones in the details of that invoice. Apple iPhone 4 32GB factory unlocked sealed.. 15 days return policy. The phones are supposedly driven from Montreal to Maine then shipped UPS within the US.

I have a few potential suppliers like this now, all of whom accept PayPal and have agreed to do detailed PayPal invoicing as the guy from Canada did.

Should I continue to have my doubts? Or go ahead and try one of these new potential suppliers?

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

I would advise paying with a credit card via paypal.. that way if **** happens you can just deal with your credit card company and not paypal.. your credit card company will be more willing to do a charge back than say paypal..