iPhone4 hard case suggestions that fits overtop bestskin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gnychis, Jul 12, 2010.

1. gnychis macrumors 6502

Hi all,

When I had my iPhone 3GS, I had a very hard time finding a hardcase that fit nicely overtop of my full body skin from BestSkinsEver.

I now have a full body skin on my iPhone 4 from BSE, and I am looking for a hardcase to fit overtop of that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was originally thinking of just getting a bumper, but I would like something that fully covers the back for safety's sake.

Does anyone have any hardcase experience over a best skin?

Thanks!
    George

2. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Yup....

Have just installed the full body BSE and had a plastic case but it was really too tight as when removed lines on back and just not enough tolerance.

This was for a popular hard plastic rubber case around on ebay.

Even though I'm not a fan of silicone, I believe it does work based on some youtube videos. May take a look at that.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Bumper or an annoying dust collecting silicone case, Speck Candyshell

4. marvel2 macrumors 6502

The BSE with Apple bumper makes the buttons less responsive. It makes the bumper a tighter fit at the cost of the feedback from the buttons.

5. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Was at AT&T

looking to check out the Incipio Silicrylic but they had none.

They had the Speck shell, forget it's name but was a strong hard material with glass protection in black and a cloth like purple back.

No go on snapping the top piece to the lower half all around. The BSE takes away the ability for the case to close all around.

So the hunt continues.

6. gnychis thread starter macrumors 6502

anyone with luck yet?

I've found the iFrogz Lux will fit the phone when it ONLY has a screen BSE on. I tried taking the soft material off the back of the Lux and then putting it in with a front and back BSE on, but it was way too tight and caused the BSE to peel.