iphone4 in room temperature below 15C

icocadola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
i have an extra iphone 4 which i do not use.. but i want to safe it for later.. as you all know temperature in canada in the winter is cold, and i keep the iphone4 in the basement all the time. i want to know is it bad to leave iphone in temperature range from 0-15C all the time during winter?.. should i put it my bedroom instead?, and when the summer comes then put it back in the basement.. thank you for any suggestion. :)

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Straight from Apple's website:

Apple.com said:
Environmental Requirements:
Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
Nonoperating temperature: −4° to 113° F (−20° to 45° C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

icocadola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
i don't want to keep in my room because during summer the temperature is hot and humidity may cause problem to my device, especilly the battery. so base on user "Kyotoma" i made a good choice for keeping it down in my basement and worry free about too hot or too cold.. temperature in the basement is ussually range between 10-18C..

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
i don't want to keep in my room because during summer the temperature is hot and humidity may cause problem to my device, especilly the battery. so base on user "Kyotoma" i made a good choice for keeping it down in my basement and worry free about too hot or too cold.. temperature in the basement is ussually range between 10-18C..
If it fluxes between that, you could even keep it on and it would be fine. I personally would keep it off with about 50% battery life for long periods of non-use, but that's also from Apple's website on a different support page.

icocadola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
i appreciate you help and advices. yesterday i was shopping around and i went into apple store to speak to one of their associate and ask them similar question, they told me it's fine, and i don't need to charge the phone 50% and have it turn off for long period.. the problem to most of the apple guys are they don't really care for your question at all. when you ask them a question they usually answer your questtion fast and they don't seem to care at all.. that really botther me sometines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.