iphone4 in room temperature below 15C

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by icocadola, Jan 24, 2012.

1. icocadola macrumors newbie

i have an extra iphone 4 which i do not use.. but i want to safe it for later.. as you all know temperature in canada in the winter is cold, and i keep the iphone4 in the basement all the time. i want to know is it bad to leave iphone in temperature range from 0-15C all the time during winter?.. should i put it my bedroom instead?, and when the summer comes then put it back in the basement.. thank you for any suggestion. :)

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Straight from Apple's website:

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Why store expensive electronics in your basement?

4. icocadola thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't want to keep in my room because during summer the temperature is hot and humidity may cause problem to my device, especilly the battery. so base on user "Kyotoma" i made a good choice for keeping it down in my basement and worry free about too hot or too cold.. temperature in the basement is ussually range between 10-18C..

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

If it fluxes between that, you could even keep it on and it would be fine. I personally would keep it off with about 50% battery life for long periods of non-use, but that's also from Apple's website on a different support page.

6. icocadola thread starter macrumors newbie

i appreciate you help and advices. yesterday i was shopping around and i went into apple store to speak to one of their associate and ask them similar question, they told me it's fine, and i don't need to charge the phone 50% and have it turn off for long period.. the problem to most of the apple guys are they don't really care for your question at all. when you ask them a question they usually answer your questtion fast and they don't seem to care at all.. that really botther me sometines.