IPHONE4 [iOS 4.3.3] - SMS POP-UP DELAY

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mazook, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Mazook macrumors newbie

Hi Everybody!! :)

THE SHORT VERSION:

Does anyone know, why the sms pop-up window is slow when I receive a message?
    The sound is normal, but the pop-up does first show up 2-3 seconds later, and not at the same time (without delay).

I've tried turning off all Winterboard stuff and respring, restart and uninstalled QuickReply from Cydia and some other things - But nothing is different.

What is wrong? The iPhone isn't slow at anything other things, only this delay from the sound to the actually pop-up.

MORE:

When I get a notification pop-up from Facebook app, nothing is wrong. The pop-up shows up exactly at the same time as the sound is playing - WTF is wrong with the message app then? I've only got a few messages. And even when I've deleted ALL messages, and rebooted the phone, respring and "hard reset" (home + lock button) its still the same.

And when I'm IN the Message App, the sound and message (in the list) with name and the unread-mark for the person Ive received the message from, comes at the same time. Also when I'm in the conversation, nothing is wrong. ONLY that stupid pop-up, when i'm on the homescreen or sleeping mode. The screen also lights up, then pop-up shows up = seconds after the sound.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Try a restore if you don't care about your jailbreak.

3. Mazook thread starter macrumors newbie

I care about my jailbreak. The 'problem' is not enough for me to restore to factory and install all stuff again from cydia, iTunes etc. But maybe its the last solution and then install bit by bit to see, when the 'problem' occur - if no one knows about the problem OR an appropriate opportunity.

4. Mazook, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011

Mazook thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm restoring to stock firmware 4.3.3 now.. Then let's see if the problem has been fixed.

It was fixed. Lol. No delay anymore. Hmm.. Still not any suggestions ?