iphone4 jailbreaking help?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Arushan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Arushan macrumors member

hi, i jailbroke my cousins 1st gen itouch awhile back ago. But now i got my own iphone4, i know the dev-team has some tool that jailbreaks forget what its called

but my questions is how do i backup my iphone up people always talk about like the ssh or something like that?

are there any good youtube videos that show me how to jailbreak?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You are talking about your SHSHs and you can just Download Tiny Umbrella, It is a "one Bottom" type of app to save your Blobs so no need for a whole video on it. Go download it and run it. At this time you can only save the SHSH that Apple is Signing, which is 4.1

If you want to understand more about Jailbreaking you can check out this thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1023947

3. Arushan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks bro, but i think i need cydia to save the shsh

and is there a jailbreak tool for 4.1? by the dev-team?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Believe me "bro", you don't even need to Jailbroken to save your SHSHs. Once you use Tiny Umbrella once, Saurik servers will start saving those SHSHs for you, but Cydia is not a requirement.

Pwnage tool will Jailbreak 4.1 (by the iPhone Dev Team)

There is also Greenpois0n (By the Chronic Dev Team) and LimeRa1n (By GeoHot + some Comex's code)

5. Arushan thread starter macrumors member

i guess i have to click "start tss server" cause thats the only one thats clickable

and which jailbreak do u recommend? which is easier?

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You want to click the one that said "Save SHSH" (since that is what you want to do), should be clickable when you connect your device.

all 3 do pretty much the same, you seen to be already on 4.1 so keeping your "old" baseband it is not something you need to worry (since you already updated or got the phone with the new one).

I used Greenpois0n, but pwnage tool have always been my fav tool. it Let you create a custom ipws and them restore using iTunes like normal.

7. Arushan thread starter macrumors member

ok, but when tinyumbrella opens, it detects my iphone but the "save shsh" doesnt light up, i cant click it?

where do i download the pwnage tool 4.1 for windows? cause i can only find the mac one? and its easy right

btw, u've been a good help to me man:)

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

my Apologies, I forgot they changed the UI, once you connected your phone and Tiny Umbrella detects it, it will be listed on the panel to the right, click it (make sure it is highlighted) and them the "save SHSHs" bottom should be clickable.

Yeah, you didn't mentioned your OS, Pwnage tool is Mac only. You can use Greenpois0n (greenpois0n.com) or limera1n.com they both got Windows versions.

9. Arushan thread starter macrumors member

ok i got it its like 60kb big?

and the point of this is, so if i want to go back a version i use this file

10. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

The link I posted on post #2 tell you a lot, including what they are and what they do, but in a summary, yes SHSH will allow you to go back to 4.1 once Apple stop signing it