iPhone4-less (with a reservation)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by packetjunkie, Jun 25, 2010.

1. packetjunkie macrumors regular

Thought I'd be good to go. Showed up at 7:30am and the line was insane - who knew so many people would camp out? Went back at noon, wait was 6+ hours for only people with reservations (walk-ins cut off at 10am). Went back at 4:30pm and line was down to 4+ hours. Again, for those WITH reservations.

No iPhone4 for me..... :(

2. fatefulwhisper macrumors regular

Similar situation w/ a friend of mine; he went into the store at 6am, was in line for about 3 hours but had to go back to work. Then he came back to the line after work, at around 6pm, and waited in line for 4 hours, when they started to hand out vouchers with serial numbers telling them to come back the following day to pickup their phone. He told me that with the special voucher they gave him, his phone is guaranteed to be held until the end of Friday, and he can goto the front of the line and pick up his phone at anytime during the day. The reason for the vouchers was because they were closing the store.

Did you get a voucher/receipt? He also had a reservation as well.

3. packetjunkie thread starter macrumors regular

No voucher, I was told I would have to wait in the line until closing (4-5 hours) in order to get a voucher (but wasnt told about the not waiting in line, I figured the line thing would be going on for a while).

I hadn't considered going back towards closing to see if I could get one then - guess I'll just order one online and wait the three weeks.