iPhone4 malware warning wont go away

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atticus679, Sep 18, 2010.

1. atticus679 macrumors newbie

I accessed a website through the Twitterific app, then tried through safari on my iPhone4, and got a pop up window saying:

Warning! Your computer is at risk of malware attacks. We recommend you to check your system immediately. Press OK to start the process now...

The only option is OK! I can't close safari, close my window or anything! I tried turning it to airplane mode and going to safari to change the pop up window, but got the same message. Eventually, I restarted the phone and it went away. Has anyone run into this before?

I was unable to find any threads or advice when I googled it. Is it malware?

I never had this happen on my old iPhone!

Attached Files:

2. berrytarts macrumors member

send it in to Apple. they might replace/repair it.

-Lawrence

EDIT: did you jailbreak? if you did you might want to try unjailbreaking.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's because you're trying to access PerezHilton.com, your phone is trying to save you :D

4. benna macrumors regular

Try a hard reset of the phone. Press and hold power button and home button at once. It's basically an unending popup window to screw users that open the same on a PC.

No Malware. Just don't hold it that way :p
    -Steve Jobs

5. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Force quit Safari then clear cache and history (cookies probably wouldn't be a bad idea if you're really worried).

6. kiantech macrumors regular

if you click the ok it will go away...jk. But really just go into settings for safari and clear the cache, history, and cookies.

7. djgulia macrumors 6502

I had a malware warning like that pop up yesterday while going to a site I've been to many times before without a problem. Only happened once, so I was :confused:

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

^^^This.

Had the same thing happen on my iPad last week. This was the only way I found around it. Clearing cache/cookies/history is done from Settings/Safari, not from the Safari app itself.