Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A Tackier Pink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
I have been having an odd issue with my messaging on my iPhone4 (4.2.1).
Whenever I go back from a contact's message stream (fig.1) to my Messages screen (fig.2) the keyboard stays erected. It stays covering half the screen and means I cannot scroll or view separate message streams easily.

Naturally I hit the home button and reopen the messages app. The keyboard is gone but the typing field remains (fig.3). I can either exit and re-enter again or go hit the "new message" button in the top right corner and cancel that to get the screen back to normal.

Is anyone else having this problem? It's really annoying and I'd like to clear it up, if there is a way.

Attachments

• fig1.PNG
    fig1.PNG
    212.2 KB · Views: 169
  • fig2.PNG
    fig2.PNG
    192.6 KB · Views: 115
  • fig3.PNG
    fig3.PNG
    117.2 KB · Views: 109

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I have had this with 4.2.1.... 4.3 seems to have fixed this issue, I tend to find a text convo I have not replied to recently and that tends to get rid of the keyboard and text bar.... don't know if that is of any help as a temporary fix?

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
I have been having an odd issue with my messaging on my iPhone4 (4.2.1).
Whenever I go back from a contact's message stream (fig.1) to my Messages screen (fig.2) the keyboard stays erected. It stays covering half the screen and means I cannot scroll or view separate message streams easily.

Naturally I hit the home button and reopen the messages app. The keyboard is gone but the typing field remains (fig.3). I can either exit and re-enter again or go hit the "new message" button in the top right corner and cancel that to get the screen back to normal.

Is anyone else having this problem? It's really annoying and I'd like to clear it up, if there is a way.

have you tried force quitting the messages app? Hold down the sleep button till you see the slide to power off, then hold the home button till you see the home screen.

if that does not work then maybe restore?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.