iPhone4 Message Glitch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by A Tackier Pink, Jan 28, 2011.

1. A Tackier Pink macrumors newbie

I have been having an odd issue with my messaging on my iPhone4 (4.2.1).
    Whenever I go back from a contact's message stream (fig.1) to my Messages screen (fig.2) the keyboard stays erected. It stays covering half the screen and means I cannot scroll or view separate message streams easily.

Naturally I hit the home button and reopen the messages app. The keyboard is gone but the typing field remains (fig.3). I can either exit and re-enter again or go hit the "new message" button in the top right corner and cancel that to get the screen back to normal.

Is anyone else having this problem? It's really annoying and I'd like to clear it up, if there is a way.

Attached Files:

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I have had this with 4.2.1.... 4.3 seems to have fixed this issue, I tend to find a text convo I have not replied to recently and that tends to get rid of the keyboard and text bar.... don't know if that is of any help as a temporary fix?

3. A Tackier Pink thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm.. my iTunes tells me that 4.2.1 is the latest update my iPhone can receive. Damn.

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

have you tried force quitting the messages app? Hold down the sleep button till you see the slide to power off, then hold the home button till you see the home screen.

if that does not work then maybe restore?

5. Orion126 macrumors regular

4.3 is still in beta. 4.2.1 is the latest update for the masses.