iPhone4 Models

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Itakou, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Itakou macrumors newbie

I'm just curious if anyone can clarify the significance of the FCC ID. To my understanding, same models should share the same FCC ID?

My co-worker has an iPhone 4 from launch day with an designated FCC ID of BCG-E2380A; I got mine today and has an FCC ID of BCG-E2380B. We both got contract-free unlocked 32Gb models. What does that mean?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The 3Gs has different ending letters as well. No one knows why but it doesn't really seem to matter.

3. rezaulkabir macrumors newbie

Fortunetly, I have both iPhone 4 (BCG-E2380A and BCG-E2380B). Interestingly I can easily replicate the Antennagate issue on the BCG-E2380A whereas I still could not replicate the Antennagate issue on BCG-E2380B!!!
    (Note that the IC is also different on both phone)

As per FCC records, Apple submitted BCG-E2380A on March and April whereas applied for BCG-E2380B on June.

Could you check this as well??

4. Saimon87 macrumors newbie

how can i check the fcc id? cant seem to find it anywhere

5. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Settings, General, About, Regulatory.

Bought my iP4 early September. It was old stock, as I got v4.0.1. FCC ID is the A designation.

6. Saimon87 macrumors newbie

cheers, ive got a e2380B, bought about a week ago (Italy). Antennagate is quite evident inside my home, signal drops from 4 to 1 bars if held on that side, outside it seems less evident, dropping from 5 to 4 bars. Not sure wether i should try asking for a replacement or keep this one which hasnt got any other issues (updated to 4.1 this morning): any suggestions?

7. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

What factory are they from? Perhaps different factory results in a different FCC ID?

8. Jean-Pierre macrumors newbie

So I got this phone that looks like an iP4 with the same ID - FCC ID: BCG-E2380A; the box says Phone 4. I'm wondering if this is a knock-off iP4 and if it is, what kinda software can I use on it?

Also, it says 32gb in the back, no Apple logo, but with 295.5k internal storage o_O

If anyone could assist me.

Regards

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That is a knock off, not a real iPhone.