iPhone4 not charging issue - iOS 4.0.1 jailbroken

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by plusonechoi, Jun 13, 2011.

1. plusonechoi macrumors member

I have a jailbroken iPhone4 on original iOS 4.0.1. It was jailbroken through jailbreakme.com and everything was working great up until a few weeks ago. My phone when plugged in to charge will not consistently charge, it will constantly go from fully charged symbol to charging "lightning bolt" then show fully charged when it has not reached 100%.

I do not believe it is a hardware issue, as i can still sync my phone. My usb cords also still charge other iPods/iPhones with no problem. I am having this issue with both charging via USB and wall outlet.

Now, I am not sure if what can be done outside if completely restoring the phone, but after speaking to some friends that are also jailbroken on iphone4 they said do not update to 4.3.3. Is there anything that i can reinstall in cydia to fix this? or can I update to 4.2.1 still although 4.3.3 has already been released?

Just tired of thinking my phone has been charging all night when in reality it has stopped hrs ago and im left at 43% to run for the day.

Thanks in advance!

2. Inkllicious macrumors regular

Try charging it then rebooting it. There are several times where I charge my phone completely and it indicates its at 2%. (And acts like it.. Powers off after 10 mins or use, etc.) (My battery sensor is a bit.. effed..) so It requires a reboot to get the new battery level.

What does Itunes seem to think your battery level is?

3. plusonechoi thread starter macrumors member

I've tried doing hard resets with no luck. Are you saying your phone is just reading the % wrong? Mine does not necessarily read the wrong % of battery life. it will just reach any given %, for example 48%, show that its fully charged and stop charging.

4. Inkllicious macrumors regular

You might just have a faulty battery. Is it always within the 40 range or does it ever go higher?

And yes, mine just indicates it wrong. My battery sensor is toasted.

5. plusonechoi thread starter macrumors member

not always in 40% range, its random. the other day it charged up to 83% and stopped. today i luckily got it up to 100%!