iphone4 offer..Is this legit??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vhl71, Jul 19, 2010.

1. vhl71 macrumors regular

www.allappleproductstore.cc.cc

This guy claims that he can get me iphone4 for $450 including shipping. Also sent me the apple reseller certificate. buy 2 and get 1 free offer on iphone4..located in luisiana..

Kinda fishy?? can we trust this??

2. chromey macrumors member

If you have to post a thread to ask if it's legit, then the answer is no.

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Send em your money and let us know how it goes. Someone has to be first.

4. vhl71 thread starter macrumors regular

so i guess no one here bought it from this outfit...???

he also sent me ups tracking numbers for all the other orders etc..still not at all convinced,,

I thought will all the users here, someone would've bought it from here if its legit considering iphone4 is in such a demand...

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Google the website. You will find squat all about it.

Doesn't it raise a red flag that this dude would send you tracking numbers without you even asking for them? The more people try to impress upon you the fact that they're legit, the less chance they are. A fool and his money are soon just a fool.

6. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

Hey, I'm in LA now, I'll go beat his ass and take your money back. :)

(loljk).

7. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

When I look at websites, I first look to see how it looks to determine if it's legit. Their website looks terrible. Horrible. Childish. Stupid.

Also look at their domain name. It has .cc.cc at the end of it. I've personally have never seen that before but I wouldn't want to send my money to anyone with a domain like that.

And I see he's selling a brand new sealed Macbook Pro for $500. Ridiculous.

Please please don't send this guy a penny.

8. vhl71 thread starter macrumors regular

Called apple. They do say if he has a certificate, then he is legit..but they do not sell iphones to anyone but authorized dealers like walmart, bb etc

Anyway, just checking...i'll wait for the official release here in canada..

9. draz macrumors 6502a

10. brian540 macrumors member

I would assume that cc.cc is not their domain but they are using a subdomain and using their service which is a tool for running your own store

and I believe that whomever owns cc.cc is using a identity guard for their domain pay a service to 'maintain" so you dont have to put accurate information

regardless.... it looks fake and their paypal account is an @yahoo and their website is horrid... tried street viewing there address and didnt turn up a store but saw some crappy apartments!

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You really need to ask?
    Offcourse its a scam.
    Anyone that tells you buy 2 iphones and get one free is out of their mind and you for believing the BS.
    Iphone 4 for $450?
    You'd think anyone would be buying them from Apple if this existed for real?:rolleyes:

12. nateharr macrumors 6502

Me too.

*goes to check it out*

Oh, you can totally trust that guy. His business it totally legit. :D

13. Oversoul macrumors member

To the OP, you sound like you really want to believe this place is legit and that you're getting a steal. You need to learn one thing -- if an offer is too good to be true, it probably is.

14. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Fixed that for you. ;)

15. MacBacker macrumors member

Ha! I had to look at the website. Take a closer look at his 'iPhone 4'. It comes with what seems to be a screwdriver, a USB cable and a detachable battery...also notice that the box is NOT the legitimate iPhone 4 box. lol

16. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Well there is recourse through paypal if he's not legit. I mean if you use a major credit card to back up your paypal you could have insurance against getting scammed. I am seriously considering the macbook pro deal just as a test. If I dont get what is pictured I file a fraud report and get my money back from credit card company. Really what do I have to lose.

Ok the more I think about it...it's prolly a chinese knock off macbook running windows. Nevermind

17. ftf macrumors member

Are you serious?

oh boy... do I have some things I would like to sell to you...

18. bfh123 macrumors regular

I'm about to close this sweet deal with an investment banker from Nigeria whereas I'm getting $21mm wired to my bank account that belonged to a deposed dictator. As soon as my money gets wired from Nigeria I'll spot you the $450.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you have to ask if its legit, then obviously it isn't.

Go by the old adage, if its too good to be true then it is but don't take my word on it. Its your money if you want to take a gamble, then go for it. Keep us posted as to when you got scammed.

20. istarfly3r macrumors member

Look at the iphone picture closely in that website... they got a spare battery and the cables is wrap up in plastic, whereas apple cables dont come with plastic bags..

And also notice that the menu folder include in it.. apple iphone 4 menu folder is white colour and not black.

I can 100% sure its not a real iphone 4 BUT a china iphone4

21. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Are you people even reading the thread? The OP said, many posts ago, that he was steering clear. He gets it. We all get it.

/thread.

22. wvphysics macrumors regular

Would you really trust a vendor that will give out tracking info for other people's packages?

23. old-wiz macrumors G3

You posted that less than 10 MINUTES after your original post? How in the world can you expect people to see a new thread and reply in less than 10 minutes?

24. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

The website was created on June 10, 2010 and all payment has to be made via Western Union!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I wonder where this idiot is really located? :mad:

Go ahead buy two and I'll take the free one. :D

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. This stinks like 2 week old fish. No way would I buy those phones.